Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop Model 15t-dy100
Linux

I have a brand new HP Laptop Model 15t-dy100 with Intel WiFi 6 AX201NGW. I installed Fedora 32 (KDE spin) on it as the sole operating system (not dual-boot), and now whenever the computer wakes from sleep (either from inactivity, using the sleep command, or from closing/opening the lid), the WiFi device cannot be found. I have to restart the computer in order to be able to use WiFi again.

Running `rfkill list` before sleeping returns:

1: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no

while running `rfkill list after waking from sleep returns:

1: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: yes

I understand that this is usually a hardware switch issue, but there is no hardware switch for WiFi on the body of the laptop. There is an "Airplane Mode" function key, but pressing it does not enable WiFi after waking from sleep.

To try to fix this, I downloaded the "iwlwifi-Qu-48.13675109.0.tgz" driver from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/network-and-i-o/wireless.html, extracted the contents to `/lib/firmware`, and disabled Secure Boot. However even after restarting, WiFi still disables after waking from sleep.

Please advise on how to proceed to allow WiFi to function even after waking from sleep.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I face such kind of issues in hpr007tx. I was struggling with airplane mode always on till yesterday ( almost 5month). So I can't run wireless device. Even external USB wifi will not work. Bcoz of airplane. And my battery become  low capacity.not giving backup power supply.  I did two thing.but  I don't know which one is working.

1.i was repalce the laptop battery. it's give me a(601)notification in boot manu.

2. Replace the bios cell( maybe it will work if u just remove the bios cell and put it again)

Try this. 

Before doing this

restore default settings in bios manu.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info @Sathya4me, but I don't have any warnings and/or problems with the battery, airplane mode is not on, and this machine uses UEFI to boot and not BIOS. Therefore, I don't think the issue you described and my issue are actually the same, and your solutions don't work for me.

HP Recommended

Mine also uefi . If u don't have airplane mode problem.just reset reset default settings in

boot manu. F10 

HP Recommended

@sathya4me Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concerns.

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

Also, let us know the operating system you are using.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

The product number is 7BJ14AV

The operating system is Fedora 32

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.