Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion cb-015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I start play any online game or download big file - my WiFi connection gets lost and than it writes “no available networks”, but they are.  To make it work again - I have to reboot laptop and sometimes even rebooting doesn’t helps. I have installed all newest drivers from HPsupport and from intel for windows. Can’t get what’s the problem ☹️. I tried all stuff I knew about computers at all. P.S. I haven’t disassembled it ever. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your PC have?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

It’s Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

It says the newest drivers are installed. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

This would be the latest driver.  Check the driver version and date for the wifi adapter in the device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28822/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Intel...

Click on the intel 7265 and then click on the driver tab.   See if the above version is newer.

If updating the driver doesn't work, you may have to open up the notebook and see if one of the antenna cables has become detached from the wifi adapter.

Here is the service manual.  it is not an easy job to get to where the wifi card is located.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493193

HP Recommended

I'm really appreciate u're trying to solve my problem, but I've already download all soft this website offered to me, with driver and support assistant and manualy installed it. That's why I addressed to this community. I thought there is some hidden information about my problem. 

It's weird, if hardware is involved in glitches. Because in other ways of network surfing - it works normal.  I'll try to disassamble laptop, hope it'll help. 

Thanks =).

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that the driver update didn't work for you.

You can always factory reset the PC or clean install W10 and see if that resolves the problem.

I would do that before taking the notebook apart.

HP Recommended

I've already done that. =D

Before I installed the newest drivers - I've reset my PC. It didn't help, unfortunately =/

HP Recommended

Then all indications lead to a hardware issue of some kind ranging from a defective wifi card, a detached antenna cable, or a broken antenna cable (sometimes a cable breaks where it goes from the display panel to the motherboard)..breaks from opening and closing the lid if they didn't properly install the antenna cable to allow for enough slack in that area.

I have the Intel 7265 in a HP notebook and HP desktop PC, and both work flawlessly under all circumstances.

HP Recommended

Hi I have the same isue. Everytime I play a video game my wifi just disconnect from the whole windows and I have to restart to get it back. Why does HP have so much issues? My brother have a razer and asus laptop and they both work fine. I've been struggling this issue since febuary of 2019. I've blue screened this laptop. So I don't know if it's corrupted or not. 

I am currently using the laptop called: OMEN by HP - 17-an013tx

Do you have the latest driver? I've download the latest driver before and it still crashed. So I go back to the old wifi driver. I also used the recovery manger. Still doesn't help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.