Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
When connected to a WiFi requirin user e password after 10min the connection is still ipv4 e internet on but no web; I need to restart explorer. I think its a Bill g fault . With android I have no problem with same WiFi .
For me the ghost WiFi connection is a General purpose problem: connection on ipv4 on internet on but no web.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @xkenx8610,

Thank you for the update. I grasp that you are only experiencing this issue with your Vodafone WiFi connection. That is not within my expertise, but here is a link that may help:  Unable to connect to the internet using Pocket WiFi If the issue remains as it states at the bottom of the document please contact them for further assistance.  Good Luck!

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
I dont migrate to win10
HP Recommended

Hi @xkenz8610,

Thank you for the query.  I grasp that after you upgraded to Windows 10, you are having an issue connecting to the Internet. What is your precise model of HP notebook?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? Please review this post by @Great-Deku Tree Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues that may help. You can also try turning off the IPV6 option as that may help. Please let me know the results.

Please click theThumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Numero del prodotto: N3W52EA#ABZ

I did not upgrade to win10 Itried but I hadnt patience

HP Recommended

Hi @xkenx8610,

I am sorry I misunderstood. However, the links I provided are still applicable. What are the results from the troubleshooting?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Not all of these work.
I repeat connection on with packets flowing ipv4 on internet on but no web.
I start explorer and everithing works.
There isn't a router because is Vodafone-WiFi Vodafone said me they cannot investigate.
With others free WiFi I have no problem.

Visit www.xkenx8610.com
HP Recommended

Hi @xkenx8610,

Thank you for the update. I grasp that you are only experiencing this issue with your Vodafone WiFi connection. That is not within my expertise, but here is a link that may help:  Unable to connect to the internet using Pocket WiFi If the issue remains as it states at the bottom of the document please contact them for further assistance.  Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Now everything works. I Think Vodafone checked the hotspot, but I made an optimization in my pc...

the important thing is the goal thanks for the support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.