Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G250
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I recently formatted my HP G250 and I could not get access to WiFi anymore so I installed some drivers yet it doesn't work please what do I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Franklin0011 

The driver and software document for Windows 8.1 drivers for your notebook are at the link on the line below this one.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-250-g4-notebook-pc/7609933

Try the Realtek and the Broadcomcom drive. One of them should work. It will not hurt anything to try both as the OS will not permit installation of the incorrect driver.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20191201-103736.png

Here is the response I get while trying to access the link for the solution

HP Recommended

That is an HP server issue.  Hopefully it will be back up later on today.

@Franklin0011 

Only parts of the support portal for your notebook are working.  Check the top row of function keys. There may be one key in the top row of Fn keys that can make the wifi active or disabled. Ensure that the wifi is disabled by using the Fn key and tapping that special key once. There could also be a key or button on the sides of the notebook that does that. Check in the Device Maneger to see if the wifi device is enabled

Here is the Broadcom driver for your notebook

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75249.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.