Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-d035dx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a problem with my WiFi switch/indicator light.

My lapto model is: HP 15-d035dx Notebook PC

I am able to connnect to the internet and browse, but the light is always orange.

I have tried:

1. Disconnecting all power sources (AC adapter and battery) and holding down the power button for 60sec then booting back up.
  2. Uninstalling the driver (802.11n Wireless Card) from Device Manager and restarting.
  3. Re-seating the wireless card
  4. Changing the wireless card
  5. Updating bios
  6. Resetting bios to default

Nothing seems to be helping.. can someonne help me with this issue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Alando_Angatiah,

I read through your post. I am glad that you have wifi and don't require a wireless dongle. Please perform bios defaults and update the bios and check if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, it is simply a hardware issue with the light on the wifi indicator as the wireless card seems to be working fine.I reviewed the post comprehensively. You've been meticulous in your approach and paying attention to detail. Kudos to you for a job commendably done. It is greatly appreciated. 🙂

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂 It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 Do take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Alando_Angatiah,

Good Day! Welcome to the HP support forums. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding Wi-Fi issues on your computer. Excellent description and great diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist with accurate information I would require more information regarding his.

• Does it work with a wired connection?

For now, try these steps.:

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@DavidSMP I thank you for your quick response..

Yes, it is able to connect to the internet with LAN cable also.

Whether or not it is connected via LAN or WiFi, the light always remains orange.

However, I will try the methods u gave and I will report back as soon as I have completed all.

HP Recommended

@DavidSMP I have tried all steps and none have fixed the light..

I don't believe I would need a USB Dongle as I have connection to the internet..

Do you have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi @Alando_Angatiah,

I read through your post. I am glad that you have wifi and don't require a wireless dongle. Please perform bios defaults and update the bios and check if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, it is simply a hardware issue with the light on the wifi indicator as the wireless card seems to be working fine.I reviewed the post comprehensively. You've been meticulous in your approach and paying attention to detail. Kudos to you for a job commendably done. It is greatly appreciated. 🙂

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂 It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 Do take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much @DavidSMP, your assistance was very much appreciated.

I have tried all steps without success.

Therefore, I do believe this is a hardware related issue with the light itself. I mean,

I accepted your post as a solution.. it may help others with a similar problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @Alando_Angatiah,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again... @DavidSMP

I have a solution !!!

It turns out that the new wifi card was faulty or just not made for the PC.

The old one was just faulty..

I tracked down the exact model of the WiFi card for this PC and installed it and the light began to work again.

HP Recommended

Hi @Alando_Angatiah,

I reviewed the post. You've done great here. Thanks for sharing this information with the community. You've been brilliant to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you. I thank you greatly for this. I am really glad that the issue has been resolved.

You take care and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How can you download anything with the WiFi still being disconnected 🤷🏽‍♀️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.