Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 n020us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a wifi 6 (802.11 ax) adapter compatible with Pavilion 15 n020us with AMD CPU?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

There aren't any that I know of, but since your notebook only has a single band, non-bluetooth wifi adapter, you can at least upgrade to the Broadcom AC model with bluetooth...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo    HP part # 724935-001

There should be several for sale on eBay in used but tested and working condition.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

The 4352 has a maximum throughput of 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

There aren't any that I know of, but since your notebook only has a single band, non-bluetooth wifi adapter, you can at least upgrade to the Broadcom AC model with bluetooth...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo    HP part # 724935-001

There should be several for sale on eBay in used but tested and working condition.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

The 4352 has a maximum throughput of 867 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. 

I'll look for an 802.11 ac card, but I don't think the pavilion n020us has a bluetooth antenna?

HP Recommended

... it may only have 1 antenna period, but I haven't cracked it open yet to check...

HP Recommended

Shame on me... just popped the laptop open. Atheros AR5B125 w/ 2 antennae. If there isn't a whitelist issue with the PCIe card you mentioned, I'll be in business.

Thanks,

Larry

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Larry.

To the best of my knowledge, that model does not have a BIOS whitelist, but since it has an AMD processor and chipset, usually the Intel cards don't work.

The Broadcom card I recommended would be the best one for your notebook.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Please post back and let us know how your wifi upgrade project went.

BTW...here are the links to the last drivers HP released for that card.

Wifi:    7.35.351.0     Oct 25, 2016

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78044.exe

Bluetooth:  12.0.1.921   Mar 21, 2016

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe

Windows update will install a slightly newer wifi driver once you are connected to the internet.  I think it will be 7.35.352.0 

Prior to installing the new card, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, right click on the Realtek RTL8188EE wifi adapter, select uninstall, and check the uninstall driver box.

Shut down the PC, unplug it, remove the battery and install your BCM wifi AC card.

HP Recommended

My Broadcom wifi/bluetooth card arrived today. (slow boat from China).

Install was a snap. (3 screws and 2 antenna wires) . and drivers loaded easy peasy.

Everything works the way I'd hoped.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance, and thanks for letting us know how the wifi card upgrade went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.