Thomas105
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wifi Adapter missing/not installed

HP Recommended
15-dy1032wm
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Brand new laptop. At first the computer found my network but I didn't know the security code so I entered a code I used on a previous computer. Got an invalid code message so I decided to skip it and move on with set up figuring I can come back later when I had the correct code. Now none of the adapters that was there at the start show up when I click on the globe. Message says "No Connections Available". Through the device manager I see the Realtek RTL8821CE802.11ac PCle Adapter has a yellow triangle with an "!" on it.I am assuming this is my WIFI adapter. Clicking on properties for the device say it doesn't exist. I am not using BlueTooth.

Anybody know what happened?

Thanks

TS

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,235 124,402 20,543 31,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Before you return it, see if this works...

Since your notebook is running in S mode, you can't run any apps that aren't from the Windows store including driver exe files and whatnot.

So...we are going to have to try some creative driver installing here...

Get a USB flash drive, download and unzip the latest Realtek 8821CE wifi driver from my Skydrive folder at the link below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=lAgiIl

You want the file labeled sp107515.zip

What I have done is to extract the raw drivers from the exe file, so you can manually install them.

Copy the file folder you unzipped to your flash drive, plug the flash drive into your new notebook and copy the folder somewhere that you can browse to such as your downloads or documents folder.

After you do that, go to the device manager, right click on the problematic RTL8821CE wifi adapter.

Select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and the device should reinstall itself.

Now click on the RTL8821CE wifi adapter.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder you copied and pasted to your notebook.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then see if you can connect to the internet.

If that doesn't work I would return the notebook since they should take it back.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation