Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Please help me as i am unable to connect wifi normally. Whenever i want to connect my wifi i have to fight with my computer for atlest 1/2 hour. For some time it shows my network in network list and after selecting and pasword it throws an error can't connect to network. At this point my wifi compltely turning off. Sometimes it luckyly connects, but dropps in middle. I tried installing latest driver software from 'HP Support Assistance', uninstalled installed it many times. But no use. Other devices working with my network are connecting smoothly. Please help me resolving this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I don't know the correct reason why my laptop was not connecting througb wifi. but it was solved automatically when my upgraed my os from 8.1 to windows 10.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @zahedullaquadri,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP 15 Notebook and issue with the Wireless not connecting. Try resetting the router. Unplug the router and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in to make sure it fully resets. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection, if you need it.

Some say this download will help fix this problem Microsoft Fix it. 

Here is a link from Microsoft to help with Windows connections.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Thanks for reply. I already tried all the above steps u mentioned as they are basic trobleshooting. I am sure its the problem with the wifi driver. Please help me to find out the correct driver. Hp driver support, miscrosoft support unable to find correct driver for my pc.
HP Recommended

Hey @zahedullaquadri,

If you look in the Device Manager, you will see the correct driver. Right click on it and update the Software and Drivers.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thats what i am saying. Its says your drivers are upto date...

But i am facing so much problem. Because of that i am using ethernet cable to use internet.

The latest drivers needs to be updated for my laptop.

HP Recommended

Hey @zahedullaquadr,

You cannot fix the Wireless with the Ethernet cable connected. Remove the cable and try some of the steps listed.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue...tech support can't fix it! Do what I am; return it and buy a Toshiba!

HP Recommended

Hi zahedullaquadri,

Earlier i was having the same issue.Most of the time my laptop get disconnect automatically and when i try to re-connect it says can't connect to network.So, i found the solution that my router can only connects to limited number  of devices to it and next when one of my family member consuming the full bandiwidth of internet my connection drops.

Try connecting your laptop to other wifi router and check if the promblem still presist.

Hope this help you!

Regards

AS

HP Recommended
No dude. My device is the only one connecting with my router. Any device is connecting to my router but not mine. At the same time my laptop is not connecting to any device.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.