Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Linux

After installing Ubuntu 18.04 LTS,  my wifi is not working, its showing wifi adapter not found & airplane mode is permanent on.

Product: HP Pavilion 15-n003tx Notebook PC

Module: RT3290 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe

Ubuntu: 18.04 LTS

Kernel: 5.3.0-46-generic

I tried by following lots of articles available on the internet , none of help me to touch the solution.

if anyone can help me would be great,

ThankYou

[edit]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I apologize for the late response. First, try connecting your computer to the ethernet. Next do run the command in the terminal:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get firmware-ralink

This would automatically install the rt2800pci kernel module which would support multiple Ralink's wifi adapters including the RT3290.

Reboot your system afterwards and you should be able to connect to wifi. If not try:

sudo modprobe rt2800pci

Though it should automatically load into the kernel using the above two commands. If you have any problems, feel free to contact me.

My Setup:
HP Notebook: HP 14-dk0028wm
Current Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.