Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have tried all sorts of solution but there was no result. So, i decided to contact. My wifi does not work, i don't know why. I reinstalled os but still wifi does not work. When i run troubleshooter it displays "wifi capability disable" and when i run hardware diagnostics it displays every thing is fine. Help me!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MD171

Download and install the HP Hardware diagnostics tool from this link

Once installed, shut down your computer.

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, it could be faulty.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MD171

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the wireless connection on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are other devices connecting to the same router?

What is the exact model for your computer?

Meanwhile, reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below link.

http://hp.care/2c86VnP

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried but nothing works. I am using currently external wifi adapter. I changed os several times but result is still the same. However, i remember just some days before it stopped working i was using linux mint and i reinstalled wifi adapter configuration or something like that which I don't remember. How can I check wifi adapter is fine?

my serial number: CND5083D22

HP Recommended

@MD171

Download and install the HP Hardware diagnostics tool from this link

Once installed, shut down your computer.

Wait for a minute. 

Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 

Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 

Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 

If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, it could be faulty.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I installed it. First, I ran quick test but it displayed everything was OK, then I ran component test>> network.

It displayed following message "The network cable does not appear to be connected. Please check and reconnect the network cable and make sure the other end is properly connected as well" Does it mean that I have to change hardware?

HP Recommended

@MD171,

I recommend you check the network cable and make sure it is connected correctly. If you are still facing the issue, then it might be a hardware issue and I recommend you contact support.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.