cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Buzznow
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Wifi card G5

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a HP Pavilion DV7 I am looking to speed up my WiFi. Looking to replace the card and upgrade it for so it will work on G5. Can I do this and what would be the replacement. Looking to get a internal replacement.

My information of my laptop

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

Hp Pavilion dv7 A3G47AV

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Buzznow
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes mine is a HP D7t- 70000  JBric never left a message if it worked or not. I to have the same laptop and was doing the same thing. Going to up grade From Hybrid HDD to SDD and upgrade the wireless card and upgrade to Win10. Window 10 was offered to me when I placed my order for this laptop. I opted out and went with Win7. To bad he never posted back if it worked or not.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
98,713 37,755 12,822 27,066
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Buzznow 

Your machine could be built before 2015 the chance to replace new wifi adapter is very slim to none. I'm using the following adapter for my 8 years old machine

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking/Adapters/67965-USB-AC53-NANO

You can find many similar around and cheaper too.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,273 64,837 22,030 33,947
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @Buzznow 

If you have a dv7-7000 or newer model, you should be able to install this model AC wifi adapter...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

There are several discussions on this forum which indicate it can be done.

Solved: WiFi Card Upgrade for Envy DV7-7323CL - HP Support Community - 7840174

Solved: Upgrade my wifi card - HP Support Community - 7524414

Solved: HP dv7t-7000 - SSD and WiFi card - Upgrade - HP Support Community - 7657570

Solved: Upgrade my wifi to Dual - HP Support Community - 7359440

Solved: DV7-7115nr / B5R46UA#ABA : Wifi Card Upgrade Bios Whitelist? - HP Support Community - 538882...

There are more discussions, but you get the picture.

Buzznow
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes mine is a HP D7t- 70000  JBric never left a message if it worked or not. I to have the same laptop and was doing the same thing. Going to up grade From Hybrid HDD to SDD and upgrade the wireless card and upgrade to Win10. Window 10 was offered to me when I placed my order for this laptop. I opted out and went with Win7. To bad he never posted back if it worked or not.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation