Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 inch Laptop PC 14-ec0000 (2Z8E4AV)

Hello I recently bought my laptop and since I have had it the laptop randomly disconnects from my wifi. My wifi is not the problem because other devices and laptops that I have do not do that. The issue is fixed when i troubleshoot the wifi with the automatic windows troubleshooter, it resets the wifi network adapter and the issue is resolved, but how do i fix the issue as a whole so it never disconects randomly?(All my drivers are up to date according to HP Assistant app on my laptop).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Another forum member posted this suggestion you can try:

I would suggest making the following changes in device manager>Network Adapters>Realtek Wifi Adapter>Advanced tab:

• 2.4G Wireless Mode - Disabled
  • 802.11D - Disabled
  • Beacon Interval - 50
  • MAC Randomization - Disabled
  • Preferred Band - 5G First
  • Roaming Aggressiveness - Lowest

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model Wi-Fi adapter does your notebook come with?

HP Recommended

The model is Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter

HP Recommended

Yes, that model Wi-Fi adapter is known to have problems.

Have you installed the latest driver for it?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp142001-142500/sp142328.exe 

The above driver will install driver version 6001.10.350.0   06/01/2022

HP Recommended

I updated it it seemed to be a version behind, although my HP assistant was saying everything is up to date, let's hope this small update fixes the problem, if it doesn't what should i do? Also i whould like to ask is there a chance any of my other drivers aren't up to date but the HP assistant is saying they are? and how can i check if they are manually? Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here's the problem with the HP support assistant...it will only give you the latest drivers that are on your notebook's support page already.  It is not intuitive.

HP Pavilion 14 inch Laptop PC 14-ec0000 (2Z8E4AV) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Suppo...

HP seems to keep the drivers updated more frequently for their business class notebooks.

I know which ones have the same Wi-Fi adapters as the consumer notebooks.

This model is where I got the newer drivers for your notebook's Wi-Fi adapter.

HP ProBook 450 15.6 inch G9 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

You may want to check this model's support site for updated Wi-Fi/Bluetooth drivers from time to time.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, the issue seems to be still happening. The laptop is still in warranty, if i return it do you think this is fixable or they will just say there is no problem with it?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since I don't work for or represent HP, I don't know what they will do to address the problem.

I think that HP will probably say they can't replicate the problem.

You owe it to yourself to get in touch with HP support and see what your options are.

The Realtek Wi-Fi cards have been lousy at best and have been for years.

I don't know why HP continues to use them.

They have moved to the new Mediatek AX Wi-Fi cards now.

I don't know if they are working any better.

I don't see too many posts about them so perhaps they are.

The only way you will be able to really fix the problem would be to replace the Wi-Fi card with a better one.

HP installed this model Wi-Fi card in my 15-ee0047nr notebook which has an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U processor.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part #L35282-005

It works great.  You can find this model card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the Wi-Fi card.

HP didn't offer this model Wi-Fi adapter for your notebook's model series, but it would probably work if you felt that you can install the card yourself.  HP only offered Realtek Wi-Fi cards according to chapter 3 of the service manual.

Below is the link to the service manual.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Hi:

Another forum member posted this suggestion you can try:

I would suggest making the following changes in device manager>Network Adapters>Realtek Wifi Adapter>Advanced tab:

• 2.4G Wireless Mode - Disabled
  • 802.11D - Disabled
  • Beacon Interval - 50
  • MAC Randomization - Disabled
  • Preferred Band - 5G First
  • Roaming Aggressiveness - Lowest
HP Recommended

Okay, I'll try that too. Thank you so much for the help, much appreciated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.