09-12-2019 04:22 AM
Hello my laptop is hp notebook 15 d000se. I am facing a problem from a few months that my wifi and bluetooth have stopped working.They are not showing in device manager.First i decided to download the drivers but on the support page there are 2 or 3 wifi drivers and bluetooth drivers.So i downloaded all drivers and decided to install them one by one but neither of them got installed.Some drivers load the installsheild wizard and then close,nothing else.Some says that the device is missing or disconnected.And some says that the driver is successfully installed but when i restart i cannot see my wifi or bluetooth working.The light on wireless button remains orange all the time.I googled this issue but found nothing.I also installed hp wireless button driver but no use.So after a hard struggle i finally decided to ask this.Please help me what can i do.
I have got tired using ethernet and i want my wifi and bluetooth back.
I want to tell you one more thing,1 or 2 weeks ago, i plugged my memory card reader to copy some important files from laptop while it was turned off,when i turned the laptop on,the orange light on laptop became white and when i was on desktop i saw the signals of my wifi networks,i got confused but when i tried to connect,it was not connecting,STRANGE.
Another day i turned on laptop with no card reader,the light was still orange no wifi.WHAT WAS THAT.
Recently 3 days ago i replugged my memory card reader and wifi again turned on but not connecting.And today i plugged my memory card reader but no wifi!!!!!WHAT IS GOING ON I AM SO CONFUSED.THAT IS MY MEMORY CARD READER NOT A WIFI ADAPTER HOW CAN IT TURN MY WIFI ON
Please Please guide me on this issue.Thanks
09-15-2019 07:09 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Let's update the system software and driver using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( Use wired internet connection )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
09-17-2019 07:06 PM
let's try these steps:
Wireless Module test:
Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests.
- The Component Tests menu displays.
- Wireless Module Test - This test checks that the BIOS detects the wireless module and that it is enabled.
To run the test, click the Wireless Module, and then click Run once.
- The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.
If the test passes, try these steps:
Reinstall the network adapter using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8, 10)
Reinstall original software or drivers using the HP Recovery Manager. If your PC does not locate the Recovery Manager installed, click the ‘next step’ button below.
- In Windows, search for and open HP Recovery Manager. If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If prompted by User Account Control to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.
- Under Help, click Reinstall drivers and/or applications and wait for Recovery Manager to generate a list.
- From the combined list of applications and drivers, with the drivers listed first, select the checkbox next to the drivers you want to reinstall. NOTE: The name of the adapter varies, depending on which one is installed on your PC.
- When the Installation is completed message displays, click OK.
- Close all open applications, restart your computer, then try connecting to the Internet again.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee