Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my WLAN Access point seems to fine. Other Device have good connectivity at a distance 4 time the distance of the Notebook in troubles. Bluetooth seems to be with poor performance as well. My feeling is it is a HW problem. Centrino Cipecard or Antenna. The NB ist updated at a regulare. Any Experience is very Wellcome.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @JensGustav49 

(1) Install and run Support Assistant and check for all driver updates and hardware issues

HP Support Assistant

7.7.34.34 Rev.A35.9 MBSep 22, 2014Download

(2) Reboot and test again ...

HP Recommended

I ran the utility but couldn't see any change on Network related driver files. And it did not solve the problem.
The big question is, does it make sense to replace the centrino Advanced N-6235 and or the antenna?
The wlan worked earlier perfekt, but I had to disable and enable the Centrino device from time to time to make it run at all.

HP Recommended

Hello @JensGustav49 

Please tell me the full product name and product number (p/n) of your notebook. You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small letters.

best regards

HP Recommended

HP EliteBook Folio 9470m

Product: C7Q21AW#ABD

from inside behind the Battery
And yes I will buy an actual Product soon since the Notebook cannot run Windows 11 for some Reason.

I hope the number above is that which identifies the NB correcly
Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @JensGustav49 

Please remove the SN (serialnumber) from your last post ( sensitive data is not allowed in the community ) !

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

F.73 Rev.A9.1 MBMay 14, 2019Download

(2) Test again

HP Recommended

the Bios installed is  68IBD Ver F73   dated 4/12/2019    shall I Realy run UPDATE even so it seem to be from an earlier date?

HP Recommended

Hello @JensGustav49 

So you bios is up-to-date, ok. No need to update.

Reinstall your wifi driver with "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)"

Note: This application is supported on Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows® 10, and Windows 11 using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer) browsers.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Download:
https://dsadata.intel.com/installer

Reboot and test again ...

HP Recommended

So the Intel utility said all is Uptodate. I ran der exe file anyway. No impovements! I will try to get hold of an new centrino card and the Antenna. This will take some time and then I will post the result here.

Thank a lot for your Support

HP Recommended

Hello @JensGustav49 

>Thank a lot for your Support

With pleasure

Get back when you have new results.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.