Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently had to format my drive and reinstall Windows 7, however after reinstallation nothing really works.  USB is not recognized, Wifi does not work, etc...

I realized that all new drivers need to be downloaded but I cannot find the original driver disk and its hard to download them without being able to go online.   I was able to find and install a driver for the network card "Intel Centrino advanced -N + WiMax 6150".  I can see that the driver is installed and up to date, however it is still not discovering any networks and when troubleshooting, it states that no hardware installed.

At this point I am thinking it is maybe a hardware issue, but the wifi was working just fine before I resett everything.  Anyone know what I can do?  Is there additional drivers I need for the network adapter to start working.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Below is the link to the latest driver for that card.

First or second one on the list depending on bit version of W7 you installed.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23723

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I think you did not have the right drivers for the WIFI. please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

sorry for the delayed response.  The following are the 4 hardware Ids I found under Network Controller Properties:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0886&SUBSYS_13158086&REV_67

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0886&SUBSYS_13158086

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0886&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0886&CC_0280

Can you also send me a link where I can located all the drivers for this particular system?  HP Pavilion dv7

Thank you for your help,

HP Recommended

Below is the link to the latest driver for that card.

First or second one on the list depending on bit version of W7 you installed.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23723

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.