Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

A broken antenna cable won't cause the other issues.

How come you are changing the settings in the advanced tab.

No need to change any of those settings except perhaps change roaming to low and WMM enabled.

All the other settings should be left on their defaults.

HP Recommended

Can't get rid of it. I uninstalled both the blue tooth & the 7260 & the drivers & restarted & there back!!!! Now wifi has a 2015 driver...LOL

Maybe its the terminator virus...I'll be back!!!!

LOL

Well back to the drawing board..

HP Recommended

Really///I just thought I'd make them more compatible with the n 2.4 router??? No biggie but it still shoudl not freeze & blue screen to change them..

It seems we have more than broken antenna symptoms.

I can try to see how long & what happens when I switch to wifi...but thats back to  square one..I was hoping a clean install would make things better not worse

This is 1903 & who know what bugs it has...

Back on wifi & it wanted my security password again & not sure why it dropped it but maybe it reset...We;ll see how this session goes... I don;t want to install current drivers yet...we'll see what the 2015 does \

So far wifi been up 45 minutes,,,no errors...pretty good!!!

I'm taking a break for some dinner...

Have a great evening...

HP Recommended

Wow, not sure why but been on wifi  over 2 hours...its a record!!!!!

But I have to say WHY???? WTH is going on....its not making sense...

Do I dare tempt fate & try that 9260 again wo the ethernet???

Oh no ...intel net wants to instal a 2018 update...here we go again...I need to install it...I have to get to a stable wifi...this rollercoaster ride has been awful & I hate rollercoasters.

Wifi reset the advanced settings/..back to default...Its fine by me..I thought I was just making it better...

Maybe it was the intel net update??? Shhhhh not touching it anymore...

HP Recommended

I want to install the hp uefi update SP 77760

but I'm afraid to do to much as my attempts to improve it have failed...

It should give me more diagnostic support in f2

I could contemplate adding back the HP updates from the last few years.

Are they still helpful or has MS fixed issues..

My swetup had alot of SP's/// etc

sp92246 is a wlan update 2018

There is a fine line to where its not broke don;t fix it to if you don;t it might break...

HP Recommended

Guesswhat??? I'm on the 9260!!!!

Holy cow not breathing hard..

its working!!!

Shhhhhh...I fainted...

I had to try one more time as I saw it that one second & the 7260 was not going  much better...So this time a bit harder to get those darn caps on as I am tired & its late & been at this for days!!!

Shhhh don't wake the wifi monster!!! 

Its capable... Benn on a few minutes...

Shhhhhh

9260 working Capture (2).JPG

HP Recommended

WOW Feel like I just discovered a cure for cancer!!!!

I'm ecstatic!!!! 

Good thing I held on another day & did not return it...

I actually did not uninstall the 7260.

So I had 2 wifi...the 7260 was hidden so I uninstalled it.

Had to uninstall the 9260 & still no good.

Then I did a driver update with the latest driver but it did not put in the latest driver it put in a 3/18...Don;t care but it found the wifi & my router & I put in the code & its working!!!

Shhhhh...don;t tell anyone...LOL I wore it down & then tricked it...LOL

HP Recommended

Highest praises & many thanks Paul, I bet I was the hardest case you ever had...LOL

I still don;t know what was wrong with it...That ethernet plug did not help things but the others things...?????

Almost an hour...shhhhh

HP Recommended

2 hours ...the card  is stable..no events errors yet.

He has more. I paid $18 they are now on sale $13...   LOL

I told him it did not work & he wanted to know when I wanted to return it. I almost wanted it gone today but I hung on...I don;t like to give up...

Maybe he thinks they are duds...

Almost 4 hours..steady as she goes... for the most part quiet,,,guess she's purged those bugs! Shhhhh...guess its time to go to sleep 4AM,,,,least I can sleep more easy...

HP Recommended

That is great news!

Hopefully, when you see this, the 9260 is still working.

I was wondering why it wasn't working.

I couldn't think of any reason why it wouldn't in a PC with a 4th gen processor, but ya never know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.