Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My machine is Hp Pavilon g6 Notebook

Serial No.: [Personal Information Removed]

Ever since i upgraded to windows 10, my wifi has refused to turn ON. I have tried updating the drivers but to no avail. I have also tried the the instructions as specified in <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164> still no positive result.

See below my wireless adapter product:

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @

Thank you so much. i found a solution from one of the links. I just have to reset my BIOS to default and bingo!!!!! it worked. For those experiencing same problem this is what worked for me:

Restore BIOS settings for your computer to default settings

BIOS reset steps to restore BIOS settings for HP notebook computers.

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. After the computer restarts, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu displays.
  3. Once the BIOS menu displays, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
    The computer restarts using the default settings.

Thnaks so much once again @

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Charleze,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook and issues with the Wireless being off.Thank you for the screenshot, it shows this is not a driver issue as both are installed and showing no complications. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection, if you need it.

Some say this download will help fix this problem Microsoft Fix it. 

Here is a link to help as well.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi @

Thank you so much. i found a solution from one of the links. I just have to reset my BIOS to default and bingo!!!!! it worked. For those experiencing same problem this is what worked for me:

Restore BIOS settings for your computer to default settings

BIOS reset steps to restore BIOS settings for HP notebook computers.

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. After the computer restarts, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu displays.
  3. Once the BIOS menu displays, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
    The computer restarts using the default settings.

Thnaks so much once again @

HP Recommended
When I go into BIOS it's asking for a password.. Any help?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.