Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2000 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there. I think almost everyone experienced this problem after windows 10 probably.

I can't use my laptop's bluetooth. The bluetooth option do exist but it does not scan for any nearby devices, and either connect older paired devices. My bluetooth icon is visible, and I have checked the option "make me visible for other devices"  but it is still not visible. I checked in my phone and there were no bluetooth devices nearby.

Bluetooth device is powered by Qualcomm and it's Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 adapter.

My drivers are up-to-date, I have changed settings in Windows Device Manager, uninstalled and reinstalled the bluetooth drives, downloaded a new driver from the HP website. And guess what... NONE OF THAT WORKED! 

I contacted windows support also for this issue and he said it's windows version problem. My PC is now up-to date (except that 2004 update as it has some wifi bugs and it was also not working before the lunch of this update)

I know I'm not the only one with this problem, and also know that my laptop has a built-in bluetooth hardware because before these bunch of windows actualizations, my bluetooth worked fine with no problems. Indeed it's a very old device and all I use it for playing some old games but I do need to use the bluetooth, 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND YOUR HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH  APPRECIATED . 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dhruvinvainz I'm afraid your HP 2000 notebook does not support Windows 10, and that's the reason the drivers for the same are not available on the HP website: Click here to confirm the same, that said, we recommend you revert back to windows 8.1 or the OS the device was shipped with to use all its features, the only alternative is to obtain an external USB adapter and connect to use as plug & play without the need for the drivers, this is just my personal opinion though.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.