Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That'll work too.

I use this one on my HP desktop PC's running W10.

It is rather large but it is dual band and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-Adapter-AE3000/dp/B007ZLGXA8

Sorry that you weren't able to get your card to work like I was.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

That one is nice and small.

It is single band 2.4 GHz only.

HP Recommended

Hello Sir!

I had scratched my head for 7 months, gone through some expensive USB adapters and was ticked off I could not get my 'laptop to work with win 10.

Then you came along...I was wondering if you could explain WHY making this adjustment in advanced settings has worked so far- I have no longer got BSODs or crashes- crossing my fingers. 

Also- if you go to download the windows 10 tool, it is still free- MS wants you to buy it's expensive office programs and wants you mired in a contract. 

Search for windows 10 download tool and it will allow you to either burn a disk or use a USB drive to copy the program. YOu must do this from either a win 7 desktop. When it asks for a product key during instalation, simply say you don't own  product key. 

It has worked for me flawlessley. 

I hope to this fix stays, I only have four USB ports on my dell latitude d630 and I hated occupying the ports wih usb adapters. 

Also- the pcmcia slot is recognized in win 10 and my usb pcmcia card works but the one pcmcia card that sports compact flash will not. Win 10 does not support Compact flash? (hint hint) do you have any advise? 

Thanks again for helping out, now I can enjoy my laptop without "porting out" -Danny

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.