Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can't send email messages using my windows live mail 2011. My most recent attempt resulted in the follwing.

Server' smpt.comcast.net

Windowslive mailerror ID 0x800cccoe

Protocol SMTP

Port 25

Secure (ssl)no

Socket error  10013

I've had this type problem for awhile andreally need help to fix it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TM69

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you get the message-" error ID 0X800CCCOE" using the windows live mail,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you attempt making changes to the SMTP & port settings?

Have you tried a system restore to an earlier point of time it had been working fine?

While you reply with my queries, here's a few things you could do:

• Switch the port back to 25 from 587 for Port & restart the Windows Live Mail (not Outlook),
  • It may require SMTP setting to be 587 and would require the Authentication to be enabled.
  • In addition, ensure you make no errors while re-entering the output server address as it could create complications.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried everything I could.  Should I delet windows live mail since it's doesn't seem to be getting any udates. And what would be a good relacement  ?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi! @TM69, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for your response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

Are you able to login to a different email account? 

Try disabling windows firewall on your PC and check if it helps.

Try the steps recommended below.

Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x800ccc0e occurs when the application is unable to connect to a mail server. Your mail server is the computer responsible for retrieving, storing, and sending your e-mail messages. In order for Windows Live Mail to receive and send e-mail, you must tell the program where your e-mail server is and what special parameters it needs to communicate with it.

First, you need to establish that you are capable of communicating with your mail server from your current location. To do this, hold down your WINDOWS KEY on your keyboard and hit the R key. This will bring up the RUN window (see Figure 1). Type CMD in the box and then click OK. This will bring up the command prompt.
At the command prompt, type in the following line: telnet smtpmailserver.domain.com 25

Where smtpmailserver is the name of your e-mail provider’s SMTP mail server and domain is the domain of your mail server. For example, if you have a RoadRunner Internet connection and you live in the Southern Tier of New York, the line should read:
telnet smtp-server.stny.rr.com 25

If you are unsure of your e-mail providers SMTP server location, contact your e-mail provider.

If you are able to connect to your provider’s mail server, then you must now check your e-mail server settings in Windows Live Mail.

On the left hand side of the Windows Live Mail window, right click on your e-mail account and then click on PROPERTIES. The properties window for your e-mail account will open  On the GENERAL TAB, be sure that your e-mail address and other pertinent information are correct under USER INFORMATION. Also, be certain that the box labeled INCLUDE THIS ACCOUNT WHEN RECEIVING MAIL OR SYNCHRONIZING is checked.

Now click on the SERVER TAB. This tab may appear differently depending on whether your e-mail server has an HTTP address. If you use Hotmail, for example, you will connect to your e-mail through an HTTP address. If so, make sure the HTTP address in the SERVER URL box is correct for your e-mail provider.

Let me know if this works!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It told me it didn't reconise telnet.

HP Recommended

@TM69, thanks for quick response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

When you try doing the telnet smtp mail server is the name of your e-mail provider’s SMTP mail server and the domain is the domain of your mail server.

Eg: telnet windowsmail.comcast.com 25

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.