Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2115tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wireless Adapter AC 9560 not starting showing code10 error. I've tried updating the driver but to no avail. What other options are there? Is it a hardware failure? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jhng168 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Yes, please uninstall the driver with the error in the Device Manager, then Restart the computer, and then reinstall the driver with the link provided in my previous message.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@jhng168 

Hello,

To ensure that there is no hardware issue with the Wireless Module, test it as follows:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately, about once every second, press the F2 key repeatedly.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click Component Tests, then click Network, and then click on Wireless Module. Click on Run once.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen.

4. If a component fails a test, note the failure ID (24-digit code) and provide it to us in your next response.

If no failure ID, please follow the steps below:

1. On the keyboard, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
  2. Click on Devices Manager, and then click Yes.
  3. Right-click on Wireless driver and select the Uninstall option.
  4. There should be a popup window next to the device driver to confirm the operation. Click the check box to make sure the Delete the driver software for this device.
  5. Click on OK. Wait for the processing.
  6. Another popup window should appear. Click OK to continue.
  7. The last popup window displays a message about whether to reboot the system. Click Yes to reboot the system and complete the uninstall.
  8. Reinstall the wireless card driver with the following driver: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp114001-114500/sp114211.exe.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Mans,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

Your 1st part on 'how to check for H/W issue' was very helpful. I've done that and can confirm that there was no H/W issue the UEFI Diagnostic Component Test for Network Wireless Module came back with a PASSED. 

I was struggling with the 2nd Part of your recommendation.

You said to: Right click on Wireless Driver and select "Uninstall" - I'm not sure which screen/window you're referring to.

I tried the Device Manager window for the Wireless Adapter - Options there are only to "Update the Driver", There is an Uninstall Device option, but that is to "uninstall the device" - meaning H/W Device, which I wasn't confident to click on unless that's what you mean. 

Some clarification please before I do something silly.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Mans,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

Your 1st part on 'how to check for H/W issue' was very helpful. I've done that and can confirm that there was no H/W issue the UEFI Diagnostic Component Test for Network Wireless Module came back with a PASSED. 

I was struggling with the 2nd Part of your recommendation.

You said to: Right click on Wireless Driver and select "Uninstall" - I'm not sure which screen/window you're referring to.

I tried the Device Manager window for the Wireless Adapter - Options there are only to "Update the Driver", There is an Uninstall Device option, but that is to "uninstall the device" - meaning H/W Device, which I wasn't confident to click on unless that's what you mean. 

Some clarification please before I do something silly.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@jhng168 

Yes, please uninstall the driver with the error in the Device Manager, then Restart the computer, and then reinstall the driver with the link provided in my previous message.

HP Recommended

Hi @Mans,

Thank you very much for your help. Your guidance and the updated driver download helped to resolve my Wireless Adapter problem. My housemate who is having a HP  Spectre 360 core i7 is also experiencing similar sporadic Wireless adapter issues, just wondering whether the updated wireless adapter driver link that you provided for me  (https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp114001-114500/sp114211.exe.)  is valid for his Wireless Adapter Dual Band-AC 7265

For the benefit of other members who may be facing similar Wireless Adapter problem. I would like to share my experience here. 

The resolution provided by @Mans consisted of 2 parts which was very helpful. 

The 1st Part was to check whether the HW Wireless Adapter device was in good working order (using the PC Diagnostic UEFI dashboard). This was very useful as I wasn't sure which was giving me problem i.e. HW or Wireless Driver. The Diagnostic check confirmed that the HW device was not an issue therefore the focus is on the Driver SW.

In the 2nd part @Mans provided a link to an updated Wireless Driver. I tried doing that earlier before I got the link from @Mans but regrettably wasn't successful.

In using the Device Manager as guided by @Mans, there was no 'uninstall driver' option - I had to use 'delete device' option for the Wireless Adapter in Device Manager, which was a little worrisome because I wasn't planning on deleting the HW device but the Driver.  But in deleting the device there was a tick box provided to 'remove the driver SW'.  I guess that 'delete device' option wasn't actually removing the device (wasn't sure).

After deleting the device and driver using @Mans driver link which was an adapter SW setup .exe file, it reinstalled the device and reinstated an updated Wireless Adapter Driver SW. (I'm guessing my earlier attempt in updating the driver from the web failed because I didn't remove the 'corrupted' old driver S/W).

Anyway the exercise was successful and I'm happily connecting to the Internet vie the new Wireless Adapter Driver s/w now, 

My housemate who is having an HP Spectre laptop is also experiencing similar sporadic wireless issues. Both our machines worked perfectly up until 2 months back. We are just wondering whether some new settings from the Internet Provider has crept in affecting the old Adapter S/W drivers to fail/malfunction.

Are such possibilities possible?

May be changing/tweaking some of the Driver properties under the 'Advance tab' in the Adapter Driver properties Window could help?

Any Experts care to comment?

Thanks again to @Mans

HP Recommended

@jhng168 

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Congratulations!:SocialCare:

Indeed, the driver I proposed is also compatible with the wireless module (device) of your housemate.

Here is the list of wireless modules (devices) supported by this driver:

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9560
  • Intel Wi-Fi
  • Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200
  • Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210

Don't hesitate to contact us if needed

HP Recommended

Hi @Mans,

Me again @jhng168, following up with an update on the earlier issue on  the Wireless Adapter AC9560, for my HP-Pavilion 15.

As in my earlier response your recommended Driver Update which was applied and worked for a few weeks but regret to inform that the problem came back again.

I went over your recommendations and uninstall and reapplied the Driver Update a second time following your instructions but this time it doesn't seem to work 😞 

Any other ideas that I can try? I'm suspecting the H/W may be flaky although the PC/Diagnostics is flagging that as not a problem. 

It's a shame that the WLAN adapter is not working, it is the life line these days.

Hope to get some encouraging news from you my man.

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

John

HP Recommended

@jhng168 

Hello,

Have you tried updating the wireless card driver to the Intel driver which seems to be newer than the HP driver?
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-i...

HP Recommended

Hi @Mans, 

Thanks for your response above, sorry for not responding earlier - the reason being when I downloaded the Driver from Intel that you supplied and mind you I've not installed it (just downloaded it) - after the download the Wifi Adapter seems to have kick started itself.

But I wasn't sure whether it was something else that may have caused it to work again like the last time. So I thought I better wait for a couple of restarts to see whether the problem returns. 

I'll keep monitoring before giving you an update on the Intel Driver. I still haven't installed the new Intel driver yet.

I also researched a little deeper in the Event Log and notice the following ERROR entries in the last few days:

10/Mar/2022  - Network -  Error code 5002

10/Mar/2022 - Network - Error code 5006

02/Mar/2022 - Network - Error code 5011

Not sure whether those error codes flag anything meaningful to you.

Will continue to monitor the Wifi Adapter and the next time it fails I'll install the Intel Driver you gave me and see whether that solves the problem. Will keep you updated.

Reading the Community Support posts there seemed to be quite a fair few people experiencing issues with the Wifi Adapter. 

Stay tune.

As always thanks again for your great input.

Warm Regards,

John @jhng168

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.