Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ALL DRIVERS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

This will be the 2nd unit that this happened to me (I returned the 1st as I thought it may have been an isolated incident), however, both have the same problem when this instance occurs:

When plugged in:

HDMI Port (24" Monitor) + DP Port (34" Monitor)

The wireless network card is not recognized by Windows and even further, by the system BIOS. I've unplugged the HDMI and restarted with some success as it only happens once in a while. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Shocked this isn't a bigger deal.

It seems like a big flaw considering it happened on two different OMEN laptop units AND using two different monitors. You're sporadically crimpled from the internet if you hook up two external monitors.

No one is going to escalate this?

HP Recommended

Did you ever figure this out? I also have an HP Omen and my wifi completely disappears from the laptop when i hook up my 2nd monitor using my mini display port. 

HP Recommended

No way around it. It's a hardware/bios issue. They need to fix it and update their drivers.

HP Recommended

Yeah thats what im coming to realize. Ive tried sooo many things and nothing has actually fixed the issue. Even HP was no help. Thanks for the response. 

HP Recommended

I've been having the wireless disappearing issue for a while as well. I've gone through a few of the HP Omen Laptops thinking that I had purchased defective laptops. But after reading through this thread and seeing others mention the problem is the display port connection I'm finding that to be the case as well. 

It appears to be caused by using a 2nd monitor connected via the display port.  Once the laptop goes to sleep, if I have a 2nd monitor connected via display port, then when it wakes, the laptop will show that the wireless and Bluetooth adapter is not connected and I won't have internet access.

I tried connecting a 2nd monitor with the usb-c port connection and was able to have wireless internet upon it waking from sleep. I set my computer to go to sleep a few times with the 2nd monitor connected via usb-c-connection, and upon waking found that it always had wireless/bluetooth connectivity. However, once I tried connecting a 2nd display with the Mini Display connection I found that I would not have wireless/Bluetooth abilities after the laptop woke from sleep. I'm wondering if the mini display port doesn't have enough power to support certain monitors and it causes the wireless adapter to lose power and appear as not connected?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.