Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a HP Omen gaming laptop. From day 1 I’ve been having this issue, where, I cannot load search engine results that have been clicked on at all. It will continuously load until it says “err connecting to server, server took too long to respond.” I usually use DuckDuckGo and whenever this issue occurs DuckDuckGo will not load whatsoever. (The picture of the duck logo or the search bar.) Also I cant connect to any online gaming server. Now at any point I can type in a direct website name and it will instantly take me to said website .Now this was fixed originally by downloading and updating the drivers then it was working again. However it started happening again when windows needed an update. Again... a few days or so maybe a week later it started happening again. So I began looking at fixes on YouTube . This last time fixed the issue by simply going to internet options clicking on lan settings and just selecting ok. This was a few days ago. It is now doing it again and it doesn’t seem to matter what fix I use. I’ve Reset just about every internet related thing you can thing of using command prompt. Looked at a bunch of different fixes on YouTube, I even tried setting up static Ip. So today my friend tells me to try to connect to a different network so I connect to my phone hotspot and it’s working perfectly like it normally should! But I don’t understand how it was going to work on my actual Wi-Fi before and now it suddenly doesn’t anymore. Is there something I’m missing? Is it just something on my ISP’s end? Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Dunno.

""online gaming server""

IF your DNS lookup is something like 192.168.1.1  like mine....

C:\ipconfig -all

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : broadband
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.77(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 21 May 2020 09:46:22
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 27 June 2156 18:20:48
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

then it goes thru my ISP as a Family Friendly/Child-Safe screener.

if it was 8.8.8.8   and/or  1.1.1.1   

I would expect no problems visiting all sorts of Adult Entertainment areas.

So like to share any specific details?

HP Recommended

If on hot-spot you can access everything OK but on wifi not then the issue might be with that wifi router or ISP restrictions. You can test using a different device to connect to wifi and after that test those sites which are not working right on the laptop.

HP Recommended

Just wanted to follow up on this question. I'm pretty sure i just ended up recovering the PC and everything was working perfectly after that. Must've been some random bug. Thanks for the help guys.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.