Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned my computer on this morning and out of no where my wifi was turned off and not connected to my network. When I went to reconnect it said there was no networks available. So I tried running the trouble shooter and it says nothing is wrong. I then went into my network adapters and it says the file is empty, my WIFI adpater also isnt appearing to be in my device manager under network, I scanned for hardware changes and I sall nothing new show. Also, I’ve done as much as I could in cmd prompt such as netsh , ipconfig, flush, release, and etc and ive restarted everytime. I have also reset my network but that didnt make networks to appear available either and resetting my network gave me error 56 on my network drivers. I have attempted to update and change the drivers but it either gives me an error after the install finishes or it tells me to be connected to the internet.Everytime I try and connect to internet nothing is avaible and my ethernet connection doesnt work either. I even reset my BIOS and Im still not able to connect. Does anyone have any solution before I attempt to reset my laptop? Even If I do reset my laptop will that even work?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Please try and install fresh new drivers from HP.COM corresponding to the product no. of your laptop. That should resolve this issue.

HP Recommended

How would I install these drivers from their website if my laptop currently has not internet connection. Do I need a usb device? And also I tried updating drivers from my HP Support assisstant and on Device manager but I get an error 56 message or a message telling me Im not connected to the HP services, which I assume is because I have no connection. Also, in cmd prompt, it tells me there is no network driver in the state permissable whenver I try to do ipconfig /release or /renew.

HP Recommended

Sorry I forgot to mention using Ethernet Cord for the temporary internet access for the purpose of updating the wlan drivers. I am available on google.

HP Recommended

Ok, I will see if it lets me establish connection using my ethernet, but I had another question, if I reset my windows do you think the problem will go away for sure?

HP Recommended

Yes, resetting your pc back to the factory defaults will resolve this wifi connection problem unless there is a h/w issue with the wireless card and the probability of which is like 1 out  of 10,000. Yes, reset should fix this issue. But then, why go through the pain of resetting and re-arranging everything back from the scratch when there are so many other steps we can do to resolve this wifi connection problem.

HP Recommended

A recovery point was able to fix my computer with all my files in tact but whenever I went to update windows the issue would occur, im afraid the connection issues will arise again if I update my windows, is it important to update windows or should I not do it, I am on one of the latest releases but I dont know if I should update because I would have to restore all over again if the network adapters failed, I checked for driver updates but they are all up to date.

HP Recommended

Yes we recommend all HP users to keep their windows up to date for better performance and security. Microsoft routinely patches newly discovered bugs and makes the system run better and faster.

Thank You,

Vijay K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.