2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Wireless adapter disappeared from device manager

HP Recommended
HP 250 G7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My wireless adapter has disappeared from device manager and I have no clue what's happened. My laptop resumed from sleep and had suddenly lost the ability to connect to WiFi. I went to device manager and found that the Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter was missing. I found it when I clicked on show hidden devices but it wasn't working even after updating and checking for hardware changes. I uninstalled and reinstalled it from the HP website but after reinstalling it no longer appears in Device Manager. I'm not sure if the reinstallation failed but now there is no wireless adapter in device manager or in the Network section of System Information. I've run driverquery from the Command Prompt and I don't think it comes up (not exactly sure what the name would be but I can't see anything similar). None of the solutions online have worked so far and I even completely reinstalled Windows 10 but nothing changed. Any help would be appreciated, been stuck at this for the past 2 days! 😄

V

3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,620 4,016
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VictorE1551 Have you run a wireless card test on your computer?

• If not, please download and install the HP Hardware diagnostics tool from this link
  • Once installed, shut down your computer.
  • Wait for a minute. 
  • Turn the computer On and keep tapping F2 repeatedly on startup to enter system diagnostics. 
  • Select the component test and run a wireless test on your computer. 
  • Refer to this HP Article for assistance. 
  • If the test fails or does not detect the wireless card, it could be faulty.

If it passes the tests, install all available windows and HP updates using a wired network to resolve the issue.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
VictorE1551
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Below I've attached the results of my Wireless Module Test.

Any idea what this means?

Thanks, VIMG_20200411_211100.jpgIMG_20200411_211129.jpg

Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,620 4,016
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VictorE1551 It looks like the wireless card is not being detected and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation