Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 15 (D5N29EA#ABE)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, a while ago my wireless card disappeared after a Windows 10 update (not sure if it was the update or just a coincidence) and I have not been able to get it to work again.

I have even switched to Linux to see if it was a software issue but the wireless card cannot be detected even under Linux (now I am stuck with Linux as the BIOS is not allowing me to reinstall Windows for some reason).

On the F12 key the orange led light is constantly turned on if that helps, I am not able to turn it on/off if I press F12, F12 + Fn, etc.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ales19

This is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ales19
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to fix this issue you need to install windows original operating system. 

You can install windows operating system by using HP recovery media or retailer version of windows. 

If Windows opens on your computer, read one of the following documents to create recovery USB drives or discs.

In order to obtain the recovery media kit, you can contact our HP support team. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Echo_Lake,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Unfortunately i seem to be stuck in a chicken and egg situation whereby i cannot install windows until i update the BIOS but cannot update the BIOS until i install windows. Any suggestions?

Also, I cannot seem to be able to find any link to download the recovery media kit in the link you gave me (or any way to contact support to obtain the media kit).

Cheers

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake, i have now managed to reinstall a fresh version of windows 10, however my wireless network card is still not showing up.

any further ideas?

HP Recommended

@ales19

Thank you for the update.

Please perform the Wifi component test and let us know.

Please refer to the following link to perform the component test.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

thanks @praveen196,

HP Recommended

@ales19

This is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear HP support,

Greetings to you!

I write to request for technical support and assistance on solving a long standing issue on my Hp G250.
I recently formatted the system and I noticed that network (WiFi) could no More be accessed, so I install WiFi drivers yet non of them seems to work. Am running Win8 64bit.

I await your prompt response.
Best regards,
Franklin
WhatsApp:[Personal Information Removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.