Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This solution only works until the next time you restart your laptop. At least for me.   But at least when I put it to sleep and wake it right up, it starts working.

HP Recommended
Uninstall hp quick launch. If you have..that wirked 4 me
HP Recommended
Also dont restartyour pc....shutdown and then boot it up...
HP Recommended

Hi,

I too had a same problem. I purchased HP DM4 3022tx and it comes with Windows 7 Home Edition.

I have updated my system to Windows 8.1 and here I starting facing the problem, where WIFI turn ON Option is totally disabled (GREYED OUT). 

I too contacted HP Support Centre and no good solution for the issue and also HP service centre.

HP service centre restored my OS back to factory settings and they said now your WIFI is working. They also said we cannot install Windows 8 or any higher editions of windows, as my Laptop was designed to work with Windows 7 OS at time of manufacturing in the factory.

Finally I analysed the system and found "Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver" is creating the issue. After uninstalling that software, my WIFI issue is totally resolved.

So I request to reinstall the NEW OS and install all the HP drivers except (Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver). 

Regards,

Mohanraj S

HP Recommended

Wow Mohanraj , I can f%#$ing believe it. After more than a year, this is finally resolved. I uninstalled the Intel driver as you suggested and after restart, WiFi worked right away, without it needing to go to sleep and awoken!

What's strange is that I didn't have that Intel software from the beginning. I only installed it after trying fix the WiFi issue.  However, uninstalling it seemed to fix.  The only issue now is that when I manually turn off WiFi via keyboard button, it doesn't turn red.

HP Recommended

Hi Buddy,

F12 key till windows 7 edition is designed for WIFI on and OFF.

When you installed Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 same will be used for Flight mode on and off. So it will not turn RED and when Filght mode is ON, it doesn't mean WIFI is OFF. 

Regards,

Mohanraj S

HP Recommended

Correct, it turns the flight mode on and off, however, it used to work correctly by turning off WiFi and light turning red.  It only worked when I remove the battery and press the power button for 30 seconds.  However, now this method doesn't even work.  It doesn't matter since I don't need to turn off my WiFi on purpose.

Lately this laptop gave me new set of issues with the sound.  It wouldn't resume audio playing in Chrome or Media Player Classic if you hit pause.  The only thing worked if you close all programs and put computer to sleep or restart.  I finally removed all audio drivers, reinstalled Chrome and the Media Player Classice.  So far so good.  I think I might reinstall windows at some point or install windows 8.1.  Is there a greater benefit to 8.1 than 8? I don't like the new features on 8.1 that much.

HP Recommended

Hi Buddy,

Also for those who face WIFI issue. Goto Device Manager--> BlueTooth. Your drivers should be updated as shown below.

Att.JPG

and 

Device Manager--> Network Adaptors

Att.JPG

What you need to understand from here is you need to install single driver which supports Bluetooth and WIFI as HP designed single hardware for both Bluetooth and WIFI. If you try to install  drivers which supports only Bluethooh or WIFI, your WIFI option will be GRAYED out.

Some will post the things like this

Why we can't install only WIFI driver. If you do, then windows will download Bluetooth driver automatically and makes WIFI not to work.

@HaimBond

For me Pause and Resume is working without any issues. 

Also in HP, when is system goes to sleep mode I can't resume it. So I selected "Never" for the put the computer to sleep. I found most of them facing the same issue in resuming back.

I request you to reinstall Windows OS again. After installing OS, don't install any Network Driver’s which I shown in attachment below and Chipset Driver's especially Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver.

Att.JPG

Some of the useful things in Windows 8.1 that I found:- 

1) You can have dual windows Open from Windows 8. But partition is 25% and 75%. But in Win 8.1, you have 50 50 percent partition of Windows

2) When you need to shut down the system, you don’t need to go to Settings--> Power in Windows 8. But in Win 8.1, you can do it by clicking Windows button and Select your account and Shut Down (In windows 8, only sign out option is there).

3) Above two are useful according to me in Win 8.1. I feel one drawback is that, when you search the applications by clicking windows button. I don't like the search method in Windows 8.1.

Regards,

Mohanraj S

HP Recommended

Any security benefits in windows 8.1?

HP Recommended

A big THANK YOU to anthony82, UniProg, Kyle_W, and Quoc!

Hardware:

HP Pavilion dm4-3055dx - part number a6x71ua#aba

• Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 6150  - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0886&SUBSYS13158086&REV_67
  • Intel(R) Centrino(R) WiMAX 6150
  • Laptop features "Best Buy Connect" WiMAX

Windows 10 64-bit (Fresh install (HDD had died)

Problem:

• Wi-Fi light on F12 was stuck on Amber.  InsydeH2O BIOS was at revision F.0C (sp60639.exe)
  • Wireless was completely non-functional, as was Wi-Max

Steps taken:

• Downgraded to BIOS version F.0A (downloaded from sp57375.exe)

Problem appears 100% SOLVED, Wi-Fi light on F12 is white, Wi-Fi is working properly.

The Wi-Fi button device (which was present under Human Interface Devices under F.0C) vanished from my system.

I did not have to remove any of the software packages, currently I have HP On Screen Display, Power Manager, Quick Launch, Software Framework, Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology 1.0, Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless WiMAX Software all installed.

Windows 10 detected the presence of the Bluetooth components, and installed the Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter and other supporting devices.

Thanks again.

-Jon

Denver, CO

UPDATE:

Subsequent steps taken: (Wi-Fi & button continued working through all steps w/o problems)

1. Flashed to F.0B
  2. Flashed back to to F.0C
  3. Entered BIOS (had to use Win10 Settings->Update&Security->Recovery->AdvancedStartup), reset to defaults
  4. Entered BIOS, re-enabled Virtualization / Intel Smart Connect / Hot Keys off

The Human Interface Devices "HID-compliant wireless radio controls" and "HP Wireless Button Driver" have re-appeared under Device Manager.

Theories:

One of two things seems likely to have resolved the problem:

1. The flashing process resetting the Wi-Fi card somehow, or clearing corruption in the firmware (CMOS?) settings
  2. The Bluetooth drivers being detected.

I'm leaning towards the former, I'd be interested in hearing if anyone with similar issues has their problems solved by a reflash (F.0C -> F.0C) or reflash downgrade followed by subsequent upgrades.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.