Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC E3S20UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I use any Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 card with my laptop or do I need a specific one?  I have found multiple online that the description is the same but the part numbers are different. I want to upgrade for 5g wireless and have bluetooth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the part number I recommend.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

There should be plenty of them for sale on eBay...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the part number I recommend.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

There should be plenty of them for sale on eBay...

HP Recommended

Paul, 

Just decided if I am going in to upgrade wireless card, I should upgrade RAM as well.  I have two Kingston 4GB 1600 mhz now.  I can go up to two 8GB (16gb total).  I know even if I go with same speed I could run into problems with different manufacturers and possible even with the same manufacturer.  Do you have a part number you recommend?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You might as well.

I'd swap out the 2.5" mechanical hard drive for a 2.5" SSD as well if you haven't done so already.

I would even suggest you make that upgrade before upgrading the memory.

Here is the link to the Crucial memory report for your notebook.

They offer compatible memory for sale and it takes the guesswork out of what memory to buy.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hP-Compaq/envy-15-j011dx

The also sell solid state drives...the MX models have faster read/write speeds than the BX models do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.