Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 - 2302sc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I need help with wireless on laptop. I have this model HP Pavilion g6-2320sc and when I press the f12 key where is mark with the network, the airplane mode is turned on and when I turn off the airplane mode, the network does not connect. I know exactly the issues are with it because during the solving problem it says something like that is necessary to turn on wireless function using some function key (button) or switch but this laptop doesn't have it. I reinstalled driver and tried a combination like fn + f12 or any other f but doesn't work. I hope you will understand, sorry for my english.

zz.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the HP wireless button driver for W8.1?

I do not see that driver listed on the g6-2320sc support page.

This package provides the driver for the HP Wireless Button on supported models running a supported operating system. HP Wireless Button allows the physical (hardware) wireless radio button on the system to enable and disable the wireless connection on the system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64043.exe

That should enable the F12 key to turn the wifi on or off.

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it didn't helps and nothing happened. I will show you some pictures if it helps. lll.jpegIMG_20210227_142421.jpgccc.pngvvvv.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Go to the device manager.

Can you please post a screenshot of the whole device manager and then expand the network adapters device manager and post a screenshot of that too.

Perhaps the wifi adapter is missing the driver.

Your taskbar almost looks like what a Windows 7 taskbar looks like.

HP Recommended

Ok, no problem. There  is a screen.

Yes and this is exactly Windows 8 (old version, not Windows 8.1 but there wasn't a choice with W8 - only W8.1)device manager.png

HP Recommended

OK, so you have Windows 8 installed, not W8.1?

I don't see any problems in the device manager, so this may be very hard to fix.

If that is the case, see if updating the wifi driver to this version allows you to connect to the internet.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71421.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.