Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Also earliear befor updatig the firmware and driver I was able to see that the WWAN device was detected in my BIOS. 

As I was able to see the diffrent settings related to the WWAN device within the "Built-In Device Options" of my Bios. 

And now I no-longer see those options or settings in my Bios within the "Built-In Device Options". 

Looking forward to  quick solution, 

Thanks, 

Paul 

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. My laptop is 2560p. I bought qualcomm gobi (1000) and the bios not supported. Please share the solution. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hay Bagusak and anyone else faceing the same problem, 

I was able to sove the problem of "Wireless module not supported (703)". The way I solved it was by:

Updating my BIOS and talking with an HP Professional from their Business support, that provided me with a replacement for my WWAN card. 

In your case:

The Qualcomm Gobi (1000) WWAN card that you probably bought is most probably not containg an HP serial, and so it is then listed by the HP BIOS as a WWAN Card that cannot be used. Even if your WWAN card is listed as a supported for your device if it doesnot have the connect HP serial and firmware listed on it. The BIOS of of HP laptop will automaticly "white list" it. This inturn prevents it from even showing up on my laptop "Device Manager" and thus making it unusable. 

Thus you have the following solutions:

1. Try and return the product and get your money back. After doing so you can go to ebay and buy one of the cards that are supported by HP BIOS laptops (you can conform if they work with your laptop by contacting the seller).

Ebay page for buying HP Qualcomm Gobi (1000) WWAN Cards

2. You can set up a case with HP (if your laptop gaurentee is still valid) and state the problem you are faceing with your WWAN card. After doing so you need to try and convince them to give you another WWAN Card (It will normally take 1/2 days for it to reach your home, depending on how far their wherehouses are from you). 

HP Support Case Manager 

(NOTE: You will need your Warrenty ID, this can be seen by installing HP Support Framework on your HP pc/laptop. 

3. You can go to the following website and check if your laptop has a "White listed BIOS", if so then download and istall the BIOS. This inturn will allow you to use any WWAN card that can fit in your WWAN Module. 

White List Your BIOS

Alos if your BIOS is not yet white-listed they do have tutorials  to unlock your BIOS, but please not you may BRICK your laptop/PC when doing this so DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.  or  You can aslo ask one of their modulators to unlock your BIOS for you, although they may request a small donation in the process. 

4. Try doing a hard reset to your laptop by: shuting down you laptop/pc, removing battery and disconnecting your BIOS battery after doing so press the power button for 5 sec (to drain any remaining electricty). After this install all the hardware back to it original state and turn on your laptop/pc. This is a very simple step and may work. 

In anycase I hope this helps,

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem with my ZBook. 

Have you found a solution to this problem?

I have contacted HP Support but no luck, they keep saying they'll get back to me.

Thanks

Franco

HP Recommended

Hay Effekt3r, 

The problem exists because HP has decided to lock its BIOS by creating a "whitelist" that prevents non-whitelisted devices/components form being registered to your laptop BIOS and Device Manager. HP has this "whitelist" to basically promote the sale of their own components even though there is no difference between a non-HP sold component and an HP sold component. Although to allow the HP sold component from being recognized and accepted by the BIOS and Device Manager, HP has installed their own firmware. 

Now coming to the problem at hand.

Assuming your problem is with a WWAN device: 

Go to eBay and buy a WWAN device that is compatible with HP devices. In my case I bought the following product named: "HP probook 430 440 HSPA+ 3G WWAN Card Module Huawei MU736 723985-001 748599-001". It works on my HP Zbook 15 G2 device without any problems. The signal and connectivity is also good. Especially for the price of $29.99, its a good deal. Although you'll most likely have to wait for a couple of weeks for it to arrive. 

NOTE: Do not try and update the firmware of the WWAN device on your own as you can brick the device, making it impossible to repare, espicially if it's a non-HP sold component. 

Hope this helps, 

If there are any further questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to ask.

PS: Also, do refer to the earlier post for more possible solutions.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. that could have been it. I did try and update the Firmware for the module(HS3110).. strange that HP provides the firmware update on the dirver list, and that it bricks their own devices. By the way, this is the module that came with the ZBook. I guess I'll have to get myself a new one off of ebay.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hay Effekt3r,

Assuming that your laptop still has a valid guarantee, you can file a case at the following website with HP: https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/scm/submitCase

Note: You will be needing your "Warranty ID" this can be seen by installing the following program "HP Support Assistance" and clicking on the warranty tab.

After you have filed a case with them, you can explain your situation and they will most probably send you a new WWAN device from one of their depos close to you.

Note: You will have to send them a copy you bill at the time of purchase of your laptop.

Hope this helps you save a couple of $.

PS: For anyone else wondering if they to can implement this method, Note that this will only work if the laptop you bought initially came with a WWAN module installed in it.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm happy to share, spent quite a lot of time on the phone with HP... But was in luck!! 😄

HP is shipping me a new 3g module (the hs3110) today for replacement. First time ever using the warranty on any laptop. 

Maybe you'll all find it worthwhile to give them a call and explain the problem and you might just receive a replacement too..

Thanks for the help though Paul.

HP Recommended

No worries, glad that I could help you out 🙂 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem by hp elitebook 840 g1 in win 10 64bit. i bought a huawei mu736 wwan card and it worked for about 1 year . a week ago , suddenly,some drivers missed from the laptop like touch screen and wwan . downgrade to previous bios ver 1.38 , can not help . all new drivers is installed again . the wwan card is dissabled by bios and it is not in device manager . any body can help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.