Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
13-S101TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

a) Device Manager-Network Adapter: No driver for wireless. Only have Realtek FE controller (Ethernet  LAN is working), Microsoft Bluetooth for the personal network, a series of WLAN drivers( system defaults). Unsure, Intel 3k series wireless driver is missing

b) Checked the hidden option, tried to install the H/W driver from the Device Manager

c) Installed the WLAN driver for the laptop from the HP site

d) HP Recovery Manager- installed WLAN driver

e) HP Recovery Manager - restore the OS

I am not seeing the wireless driver, nor the connection.

For the model, the wireless switch is on -  F12 (Airplane is off)

BIOS gives no option to check WLAN enables or disabled.

Does it mean the Wireless card is faulty?  I shall try a new USB wireless card once AMAZON fulfills.

However, if there is any software related solution, I shall be glad to know.

Thanks Shamik

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Shamik:

The parts list for your notebook indicates that it comes with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combination WLAN adapter.

HP PartSurfer

I am not aware of any widespread issues with that model card.

You posted that you don't see any trace of the card in the device manager--even as a hidden device, correct?

How about Bluetooth?  Do you see any Bluetooth device manager category, or is the Bluetooth gone too?

If so then there is most likely a hardware problem with the Intel WIFI card.

You could try removing and firmly reseating the card.  Sometimes the contacts get oxidized over time and the electrical contact is lost.

Leave the antenna wires connected if you can to facilitate an easy re-installation.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the WIFI card removal and replacement procedure.

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099) Maintenance and Service Gui...

If you don't feel comfortable taking the notebook apart, I guess you will have to go with a USB dual band wifi adapter.

They make some pretty small nano-sized dual band wifi adapters nowadays that hardly stick out of the USB port.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.