Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15s-fq1004nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Hope you can help me. My laptop has a problem with the wifi connection.

Not always,but in some moments it doesen't work.  If i go to check the wifi network all around(i've got almost 5 different wifi network in the neightbourhood)neither mine neither those are founded by my laptop. Like all is switched off. The only thing that i can do is to restart my laptot,and most of the time is working(but not always!!!!!). Sometimes it works for few minutes,then it disconnect(it says that it can't connect to the network)and when i use the plane mode,when i switch it off and check the networks it doesn't find anything!!!

I check the drivers but they seems to be the lastest.

Sometime the problem appears when a new update of windows it's coming...but,like today no updates but i've had a lot of problems with the wifi connection.

Can you help me? just to know if maybe is the wifi card or just the driver...

i'm so sorry because i bought this laptop on january 2020........

thanks to everyone!

Isabella

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Isabella:

If your notebook has the Realtek RTL8821CE wifi adapter, see if installing the latest driver for it helps any.

I'm afraid that is a terrible model wifi adapter, and I don't know why HP keeps using them in their PC's.

Version 2024.0.10.221

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112619.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul for your fast reply!

Yes......of course it is that realtek card... realtek rtl8821ce 802.11ac pcie

what should i do? Can i delete it and download another one? Because it's really a moment thing! in these two days it's continuing disconnetting and i have to reset my laptop. It's a bit annoing.

thanks again,now i try to download your driver but i think i have already it!

Isabella

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Isabella.

You should be able to just download and run the driver.

No need to uninstall the old one first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.