cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Musician1
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Wireless projection to tv

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by1033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot project my HP laptop to my Samsung smart tv. Any ideas? My daughters Dell laptop does just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Musician1
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved the problem. It seems that the Wifi adapter does not support the 5GHZ wifi channel. I disabled it on my router and am able to connect now. Thanks for your suggestions and with them and a little digging I was able to solve the problem. Please use this info going forward.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
99,262 38,303 12,902 27,179
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Musician1 

Which adapter is on your machine ? The series supports

Compatible with Miracast-certified devices

Integrated Wireless options with dual antennas (M.2/PCIe):

• Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11 ac 2×2 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)Integrated

Wireless options with single antenna (M.2/PCIe):

• Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 9461 802.11 AC 1×1 WiFi + BT5 Combo Adapter (non-vPro) (MU-MIMO supported)
  • Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported)
  • Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11 bgn 1×1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter

Now How do you connect your daughter's machine to your TV ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Musician1
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My daughter uses the Project option on her laptop without any additional devices.

banhien
Level 20
Level 20
99,262 38,303 12,902 27,179
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Musician1 

What is the Network adapter on the Dell machine ?           

Note: Internal Adapters on your HP and your daughter's Dell aren't the same.

Sorry, Forum rule won't allow me to post a link . Please use Google and search for "How to Connect Windows 10 to TV Wirelessly Miracast"

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Musician1
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My adapter on the HP is Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter

Musician1
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does not solve my problem.

Musician1
Author
Level 1
5 4 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved the problem. It seems that the Wifi adapter does not support the 5GHZ wifi channel. I disabled it on my router and am able to connect now. Thanks for your suggestions and with them and a little digging I was able to solve the problem. Please use this info going forward.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation