Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-1T0VR12R30
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this HP laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 in December last year. When the pandemic started I had to switch to working from Zoom and I was able to connect just fine. But for the last couple of months, I have had lots of problems with my Zoom meetings  on this laptop and I have had to use an Ipad for that. I called the company I bought the laptop from and their customer service cleaned up my computer remotely, but that did not help much. Then my husband ran a Malaware anti-virus and that helped for like a week, then my computer went back to lagging on Zoom. It gets so slow that people can't understand what I'm saying and I can't understand them, so I have to switch to the Ipad, which doesn't have as many capabilities on Zoom as my laptop. I have checked my internet speeds at home and they are 189 for download and 11.81 for upload. What can I do to fix this laptop? I am starting to regret having bought this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@miniwheatfreak, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the inconvenience. Please share the model number of your Notebook which will help me share the right troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Good afternoon Praveenbv!

Thanks for your kind reply. This is the description on the laptop

from when I bought it online (not from HP directly, but it was brand-new, not refursbished):

HP 15" Touch Laptop R7 12GB RAM 2TB HDD with Tech, Mouse /Rose Gold

Plus, on the About section of my computer it says:

LAPTOP-1T0VR12R

AMD Ryzen 7 3700U WIth Radeon Vega Mobile GFX 2.30 GHz

Installed RAM 12.0 GB (9.95 usable)

Windows 64 bit

Windows 10 Home 2004 version

I don't know what else to do to accelerate my Zoom. I just upgraded my Internet to 400 and it is still lagging.

This morning, I had to switch to my Ipad to be on a customer call.

I want to know what I can do to improve my laptop's performance.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@miniwheatfreak, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• I understand you have issues while on Zoom meetings on the computer.
  • Have you experienced any lag/issues while using other applications running on the internet?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update on the computer.

Restart and check for the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.