Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 8460p
Other

please hlep me with how to use sim card with my hp 8460p elitebook laptop. thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You are going to need an account with a wireless carrier. Do you have that? 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook have the required WWAN card as well?

All HP Elitebook notebooks come with a SIM card slot, but most of them do not come with the optional WWAN card which allows the SIM card to connect to a mobile broadband network.

That is an expensive option.

HP Recommended
So, what do I need to do now? Thanks.
HP Recommended

You would need to purchase and install the optional mobile broadband card listed for your model in chapter 3 od the service manual.  That is the only one you can use.

You should check before ordering the module to ensure your notebook has two wireless antennas in the compartment where the mobile broadband card goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.