Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv7-6195us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP!  HP Pavilion dv7-6195us...Windows 10

I've spent hours trying to find and sync some wireless bluetooth speakers (Cambridge Soundworks Oontz XL). Could not detect speakers and could find no where to turn on bluetooth.

The only place I could find bluetooth adapter, an Intel product was in hidden devices in Services menu. I updated and it said I had the latest version. In desperation, I thought maybe if I uninstalled and reinstalled adapter I might have some luck. Uninstall was easy enough. Now I can't find anything to reinstall. Is that an HP thing or a Windows thing.

I have no issues with WiFi (I'm on a home network and have no problems getting on line or printing to wireless printer. I have been able to sync and play speakers from my Android OS phone.

Thanx, TUT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All windows operating systems since at least Vista have some default bluetooth services regardless if the PC has the hardware to support bluetooth.

So yes, the easiest thing to do to add bluetooth to your PC would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

From what I can tell, your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

If you enter the product number (LW171UA ) of your PC in the box at the link below, you will get a parts list for your notebook.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

You will not find any bluetooth hardware listed.

Most notebooks that have bluetooth come with wireless network adapters that are also bluetooth adapters.

The parts list states that your notebook has an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 802.11 b/g/n (1x2) WLAN module.

That is not a combination wifi/bluetooth adapter.

http://ark.intel.com/products/59480/Intel-Centrino-Wireless-N-1000-Single-Band

HP Recommended

Thanx for your quick reply Paul.

So I will need to purchase a bluetooth device (USB?) for my laptop?

In "Local Services" I find both Bluetooth Handsfree Serice AND Bluetooth Support Services. What are they for?

Thanx, TUT

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

All windows operating systems since at least Vista have some default bluetooth services regardless if the PC has the hardware to support bluetooth.

So yes, the easiest thing to do to add bluetooth to your PC would be to purchase an external usb bluetooth adapter.

HP Recommended

Thanx for all your help!

TUT

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.