Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp elitebook 2570p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community, I have a weird problem whereby my elitebook 2570p won't detect my new Microsoft Bluetooth mouse,so far I have had to reinstall a fresh copy of windows 10 Enterprise,but this wont help, I have scoured this site and got an almost similar issue and downloaded the drivers{hp sp72617] only to realize that they are meant for windows 7 pro so cannot work on windows 10,I have tried through Windows update to no avail,now a friend has a similar pc and my mouse is detected and works flawlessly on his machine,so I have compared bluetooth drivers on his pc and here they are on his device manager

-Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

-Bluetooth LE Generic Attribute Service

-Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

-Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

-Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

-Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

my pc has only the following under device manager

-Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

-Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth

-Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

-Personal Area Network Service

Now I believe my bluetooth driver is outdated due to the difference between the two broadcoms

If someone can kindly point me towards the right direction I would really appreciate 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has the older model 2070 Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.

The Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter is a newer model BT adapter.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this driver works for your notebook.

12.0.1.921    Mar 21, 2016

sp75330.exe (hp.com)

HP Recommended

thank you so much,in my rush I uninstalled the previous version of broadcom bluetooth driver and installed this one,however now I have this under Bluetooth on Device Manager

!Generic bluetooth Adapter

when i double click it the Device status indicates

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information(in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

(code 19)

now bluetooth wont come on,I think I may have messed by removing the old one,kindly help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't work.  I was hoping there was a slim chance it would.

I cannot find a W10 driver for that version of the Broadcom Bluetooth.

I checked the Microsoft update catalog and downloaded a couple of files and can't find any drivers for the 2070 bluetooth.

Microsoft Update Catalog

I used the free 7-zip utility to extract the files from the cabinet file.  No good results.

The only suggestion I can offer is to try the automated driver update by clicking on the generic bluetooth adapter in the device manager.

HP Recommended

Hello,thank you for your insight,I have checked the catalog and located two similar drivers like the one on my friends pc

It is version  12.01.659, one is 2.1mb,the other one is 1.5mb,I have also used 7zip to extract after downloading but since they are not in executable format,I am unable to install them,do you have a way around this,

thank you so much for your time

sorry the automated path does not work

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

To manually install the driver, go to the device manager, click on the Generic bluetooth adapter.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder that 7-zip created from the cabinet file.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

I did see any Broadcom 2070 bluetooth devices listed in the setup information file though.

HP Recommended

hello,I have done just that but Windows has intervened to say it has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed,I am now stuck!

HP Recommended

It wasn't working in the first place.

I guess you can reinstall W10 Enterprise and start over again, so that the Broadcom bluetooth adapter shows up but doesn't work.

I don't think there is any fix.

HP Recommended

Hello,I have just noticed a warning that comes immediately 7zip unpacks it,it says that "there are some data after the end of the payload data"

I am not sure if this can torpedo the update in any way

thank you so much

HP Recommended

Hi:

That error doesn't matter.

You get the whole driver file when it extracts the driver files out of the cabinet file.

The setup information file was there with the list of all supported Broadcom bluetooth adapters.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.