Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i have"HP ENVY 15-j110tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)" . i just installed  widowns 10 64 bit dont know if it has installed all the neccesary drives alogn with it. but my bluetooth is not working it never wokred on windows 8.1 either, worked on laptop was new. i can see blluetooth in device manager under 'show hidden devices option' hardware id is 'PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00' any help would be appriciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Ralink wifi/Bluetooth adapter doesn't work with the newer releases of W10.

It only worked with the first couple of releases.

I recommend you replace the Ralink wifi adapter with this model card which will also give you dual band AC and the bluetooth will also work...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to easily find this model card on eBay or Ali Express.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

If you want to try to get the Ralink bluetooth to work (which I doubt is possible, download the W10 Ralink bluetooth driver from the link below.

11.0.761.0    Jun 18, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71572.exe

Go to the device manager, enable the show hidden devices option, right click on the Ralink bluetooth adapter.

Select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and see if by some miracle the adapter shows up normally, so you can install the W10 driver for it.

If not, then game over.

Upgrade the card and your problem will be 100% solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.