Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey all quick note....

I stripped all the AX features out of the adapter settings, set roaming to low and 'forgot' all my Wi-Fi networks.  It stabilized the connection but at about 40% of the strength of two other laptops that are several years older.   I have a TPLink AX11000 that is fully updated and all my other AC devices have no issues.  Tried all the other drivers available on the HP site for my device, same issues.  I've also tried this laptop on public Wi-Fi in the area and it has the same issues regardless of routing hardware.  Even on our AX network at work it has the same issues.  I suspect this is a defect.  Lenovo and others are all having this issue with this adapter. 

Hope the info above helps at least get folks to a stable connection.   Waiting to see what HP has to say when I finally get time to call them on my day off.

HP Recommended

Hi,

So after testing all kind of drivers, i found that only the https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112083.exe works. Strong wifi signals etc.

I use an Hp Pavilion 15 eh-1070wm.

HP Recommended

Barn_wtk-----I clicked on your link and it downloaded.  Then a black CMD screen came up.  Is that all I have to do to get this installed???  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Go to Device Manager

1.Realtek RTL 8852AE> Update Driver

2.Browse my computer for drivers> Let me pick from a list of availabe drivers on my computer

3.*Make sure the "show compatible hardware" is ticked

4.Choose the driver version 6001.0.10.304 and click next

You also try this driver version. https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112001-112500/sp112305.exe

driver version 6001.0.10.306 . You can use the same process above.

I hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you for that driver link.  It is not available from the driver list available for my Envy x360 Ryzen 7.  

I was able to get decent signal strength restored by using this!  The best I'd been able to do with the other drivers was 33% by ripping out all of the AX capabilities.  This on gives me 51% out of the box!  I'll take it.  Now I just have to see if this is enough for my daughter's school stuff tomorrow or if I still have to return this laptop.

HP Recommended

If you go into 'Change Adapter Options' > Driver > Update Driver > Browse...  > Let Me choose > Have Disk > 

Then navigate down into the folder where it is extracted.  Usually C:\SWSetup\112305\src\drivers\rtwlane_driver\w10x64.   It will list three different   .INF files.

I used the bottom one in the list 'netrtwlane6.inf'

If that one does not help try one of the others using the 'Have Disk' process and going to the file location.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Doing this worked for me too. I have a new HP Pavilion that's been having WiFi connection issues due to the Realtek network adapter. My older HP laptop works just fine on the same network right beside it.

I disabled the 2.4GHz signal and the connection is now quick and stable. To do this, go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Realtek RTL8**** WiFi 6 Adapter > Double click or right-click and select Properties > Advanced > 2.4G Wireless Mode > Value = Disabled > OK

HP Recommended

Hi,

Whats your driver version?

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I believe there is an issue with this WiFi card (see my forum link to the troubleshooting I've done with 5 laptops with this issue).

HP have only today collected all 5 units (and didn't put up a fight) so I am assuming they are aware of the issues with this card.

I hope you all manage to get replacement machines (I just went and bought the Intel equivalent in the end which works).

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with this wifi adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.