Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Really need some help. My laptop keeps dropping connection to the internet when connecting to the wireless network. This happens evey 3 to 5 mins. I have tried several solutions out there but nothing seems ro work. 

I updated drivers from Device manager, restored my laptop, resetting it, ran cmd promt to renew the ip config but nothing. I have no issues connecting wirelessly with other devices and laptops. It keeps on stating no internet. Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nala07

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.
  4. The Component Tests menu displays.
  5. Wireless Module Test - This test checks that the BIOS detects the wireless module and that it is enabled.

To run the test, click the Wireless Module, and then click Run once.

• The Wireless Module Test takes 30 seconds to complete.

If the test passes, try these steps:

Reinstall the network adapter using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8, 10)

Reinstall original software or drivers using the HP Recovery Manager. If your PC does not locate the Recovery Manager installed, click the ‘next step’ button below.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Recovery Manager. If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If prompted by User Account Control to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.
  2. Under Help, click Reinstall drivers and/or applications and wait for Recovery Manager to generate a list.
  3. From the combined list of applications and drivers, with the drivers listed first, select the checkbox next to the drivers you want to reinstall. NOTE: The name of the adapter varies, depending on which one is installed on your PC.
  4. When the Installation is completed message displays, click OK.
  5. Close all open applications, restart your computer, then try connecting to the Internet again.

• From the Start screen, type device manager to open the Search charm, and then select Device Manager from the search results. Double-click Network adapters. Right-click the name of your wireless network adapter, and then select Uninstall.
  • Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03535285 to complete the troubleshooting steps.

1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.
  3. Expand the category with the device that you want to roll back.
  4. Right-click the device, and select the Properties option.
  5. Click the Driver tab.
  6. Click the Roll Back Driver button.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

followed the steps- but still have issues.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Naailah

HP Recommended

@Nala07

Thank you for posting back. 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, the last thing I can suggest trying is a restore back to the factory. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time.   

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.