Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 9 (371 Views)
Accepted Solution

ethernet controller,network controller,pci device,sm bus controller,usb controller,required

I installed win 7 pro on formated hard drive I need drivers I know but don't know where to get them,any help would be apreciated,Thank you...Ken76

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: ethernet controller,network controller,pci device,sm bus controller,usb controller,required

Odd. It works for me. Just tried again to be sure. it asks me to select an OS. I click Windows then Windows 7 and click Change button. Fills with a list of drivers/software.

If you are on a machine using Windows 10 and it is auto-detecting that OS you may need to click Change button first and then select correct OS.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 9 (355 Views)

Re: ethernet controller,network controller,pci device,sm bus controller,usb controller,required

We can not offer help with drivers if we don't know the Model and/or Product number of the laptop you have. >How To Find Model/Product Number

****Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your problem****
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
Top Student
Message 3 of 9 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]

The model number is HP Pavilion G4-2149SE  The product number is B5R68Ua#ABA,

I am so sorry for not adding that,Thank you team...Ken76

Top Student
Message 4 of 9 (304 Views)

Is there a chipset driver for the model hp pavilion G4-2149SE note book? I am at a loss to find the drivers for windows 7 PRO ,this is my son's note book and he is lost for school work

Provost
Message 5 of 9 (293 Views)

Your Support page with drivers is here. If  necessary change the OS to Windows 7 and the list will populate. AMD drivers usually has graphics and sm bus driver. I hope you made note of which wireless card you have before formatting because HP uses several and all drivers are listed.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g4-2100-notebook-pc-series/5262602/model...

Top Student
Message 6 of 9 (283 Views)

I went to suggested site and received the following message

No software or drivers are available for this product with the selected operating system. Please make a different selection, or visit the product homepage.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.........Ken76

Provost
Message 7 of 9 (270 Views)

[ Edited ]

Odd. It works for me. Just tried again to be sure. it asks me to select an OS. I click Windows then Windows 7 and click Change button. Fills with a list of drivers/software.

If you are on a machine using Windows 10 and it is auto-detecting that OS you may need to click Change button first and then select correct OS.

Top Student
Message 8 of 9 (264 Views)

My hat is off to you,kudos,I really appreciate your time and effort,Thank you so much,worked like a charm.....Ken76

Provost
Message 9 of 9 (254 Views)

You're very welcome. Happy to hear you are on the way to getting everything resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation