cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

hotspot not working (Hosted network supported : No) ( Realtek RTl8723BE)

HP Recommended
pavillion 15 ab214TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not able to make hotspot with any of the softwares or cmd. I checked in device manager, there is no "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" driver available. I have the latest driver for my wifi adapter ( Realtek RTl8723BE). Also in cmd .. hosted network supported says NO ! can anybody please me the latest drivers

Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,403 41,650 4,553 11,994
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try installing the following Windows 8.1 driver for the RTL8723BE. Install it in compatibility mode.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_134477_1

If that does not work, then I suggest replacing the wifi adapter with one that is know to support hosted networking in Windows 10.  You can also use a usb wifi dongle that supports hosted networking.

An ASUS USB-AC56 dongle does support hosted networking.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

installed this version of driver... i think it is assigned by microsoft.. everything is working fine now :OpenSmile:

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hey friend where do you find that ver of driver please help me i stuked with the same problem but cant find that driver

@lightyagami wrote:

I am not able to make hotspot with any of the softwares or cmd. I checked in device manager, there is no "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" driver available. I have the latest driver for my wifi adapter ( Realtek RTl8723BE). Also in cmd .. hosted network supported says NO ! can anybody please me the latest drivers

Capture.PNG

@lightyagami wrote:

I am not able to make hotspot with any of the softwares or cmd. I checked in device manager, there is no "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" driver available. I have the latest driver for my wifi adapter ( Realtek RTl8723BE). Also in cmd .. hosted network supported says NO ! can anybody please me the latest driver

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was Preinstalled with windows @pramukesh .

1.PNG

click on update driver->browse my computer....then on let me pick from a list of device drivers....

2.PNG

mine was the first one...

if this doesnt work.. then just try to find the version online with accurate driver version..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think the solution to this is:

1. Open cmd with administrative privileges. TO do that press Win+X then press A

2. type in the following command

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

3.Now check by the following command

netsh wlan show settings

Happy to help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

updated driver to earlier version.. it works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

u simply download  connectify hotspot.it will solve the hotspot issue

i had also the same prblm as u desribe but till now i have not get hotspot using cmd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,403 41,650 4,553 11,994
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lafu wrote:

u simply download  connectify hotspot.it will solve the hotspot issue

i had also the same prblm as u desribe but till now i have not get hotspot using cmd

This is an old thread. I will be closing it to new posts in order to help keep the topic and the forum timely

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation