Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavillion 15 ab214TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not able to make hotspot with any of the softwares or cmd. I checked in device manager, there is no "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" driver available. I have the latest driver for my wifi adapter ( Realtek RTl8723BE). Also in cmd .. hosted network supported says NO ! can anybody please me the latest drivers

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

installed this version of driver... i think it is assigned by microsoft.. everything is working fine now :OpenSmile:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Try installing the following Windows 8.1 driver for the RTL8723BE. Install it in compatibility mode.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_134477_1

If that does not work, then I suggest replacing the wifi adapter with one that is know to support hosted networking in Windows 10.  You can also use a usb wifi dongle that supports hosted networking.

An ASUS USB-AC56 dongle does support hosted networking.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

installed this version of driver... i think it is assigned by microsoft.. everything is working fine now :OpenSmile:

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

hey friend where do you find that ver of driver please help me i stuked with the same problem but cant find that driver

@lightyagami wrote:

I am not able to make hotspot with any of the softwares or cmd. I checked in device manager, there is no "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" driver available. I have the latest driver for my wifi adapter ( Realtek RTl8723BE). Also in cmd .. hosted network supported says NO ! can anybody please me the latest drivers

Capture.PNG

@lightyagami wrote:

I am not able to make hotspot with any of the softwares or cmd. I checked in device manager, there is no "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" driver available. I have the latest driver for my wifi adapter ( Realtek RTl8723BE). Also in cmd .. hosted network supported says NO ! can anybody please me the latest driver

HP Recommended

It was Preinstalled with windows @pramukesh .

1.PNG

click on update driver->browse my computer....then on let me pick from a list of device drivers....

2.PNG

mine was the first one...

if this doesnt work.. then just try to find the version online with accurate driver version..

HP Recommended

I think the solution to this is:

1. Open cmd with administrative privileges. TO do that press Win+X then press A

2. type in the following command

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

3.Now check by the following command

netsh wlan show settings

Happy to help.

HP Recommended

updated driver to earlier version.. it works

HP Recommended

u simply download  connectify hotspot.it will solve the hotspot issue

i had also the same prblm as u desribe but till now i have not get hotspot using cmd

HP Recommended

@lafu wrote:

u simply download  connectify hotspot.it will solve the hotspot issue

i had also the same prblm as u desribe but till now i have not get hotspot using cmd

This is an old thread. I will be closing it to new posts in order to help keep the topic and the forum timely

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.