Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
[edited]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
when I am on wireless mode it for me it doesn't show me the ac it includes: a, b, g, b/g, a/g and a/b/g. What do I choose???
I saw a video you can change it by using ac, I don't know if my laptop support 5 Ghz and maybe thats why my wifi crashes for 10 seconds. 
So what should I choose?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Univers123 

I don't know what is your machine but If your machine was

(a) built before mid 2014 the chance to upgrade to a wifi card which supports 5.0GHz networks is very slim to none due to the whitelist in BIOS. Options

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/best-usb-wi-fi-adapter/

(b) built from late 2014: it may only has one antenna therefore very you can get aifi card for 5.0GHz but the signals are limited. Please try

https://www.amazon.com.au/Intel-7260-HMWG-R-Wireless-AC-Network-Adapter/dp/B00MV3N7UO

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I choose prefred band to 5G first, I don't know if I will crash. 

And yes my wifi card is Realtek 802 ac PCIe Adapter I just dont have ac on the wireless mode. I don't know how to use 5 G only.

HP Recommended

@Univers123 

All AC wifi adapters will broadcast TWO (dual) bands (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz), you can select only 5.0 GHz SSID to connect.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

How do I stop getting wifi 999 ms in a video game for 5 second or 10? I thought this was the problem but I dont know how to fix this.

HP Recommended
捕获.PNG

What should I choose, I am guessing this is the problem why my wifi always stop working for 5 seconds

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.