Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 TS NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have been trying everything to install Bluetooth  but nothing is working. So, is there any way to know if my device has Bluetooth installed in it? Can someone helpme

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Also, what model wifi adapter does your notebook have?

The model of the wifi adapter will determine if your notebook has Bluetooth.

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

HP Recommended

Product Name

HP 15 TS  Notebook PC

Product Number

J1Y21EA#ABU

Network Adapters

Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

&

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

HP Recommended

Hi:

The Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter is a single band, non-Bluetooth wifi adapter.

Your notebook does not come with built in Bluetooth.

You have two options to add Bluetooth.

1. Purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter.

2. Replace the internal RTL8188EE wifi card with this one...

Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter   HP part # 753077-005.

You should be able to find the above model wifi card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure...

HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCHP 15 Notebook PCCompaq 15 TouchSmart Notebook PCCompaq 15 Notebook PC M...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.