2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

hp notebook 15-da0014dx Ethernet Port

HP Recommended
hp notebook 15-da0014dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect my laptop with an ethernet cable.  I believe I have a standard RF-45 cable but it doesn't fit.  Can you provide the specs for the connector I need or is there an adapter of some sort?  thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
2,745 2,710 290 1,179
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

nothing in particular obviously
but maybe this is the way to clip it, but I can't find anything here

RJ-45 (network) jack/status lights
Connects a network cable.
  • White: The network is connected.
  • Amber: Activity is occurring on the network.

15-da0014dx Product Specifications

External ports
2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data Transfer Only); 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45;

User Guide

Connecting to a wired network—LAN (select products only) Use a LAN connection if you want to connect the computer directly to a router in your home (instead of working wirelessly), or if you want to connect to an existing network at your office.Connecting to a LAN requires an RJ-45 (network) cable and a network jack or an optional docking device or expansion port, if there is no RJ-45 jack on the computer.To connect the network cable, follow these steps:1.Plug the network cable into the network jack (1) on the computer.2.Plug the other end of the network cable into a network wall jack (2) or router.NOTE:If the network cable contains noise suppression circuitry (3), which prevents interference from TV and radio reception, orient the circuitry end of the cable toward the computer

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
126,322 116,503 18,916 28,872
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @Darth_Blader 

I have a HP 255 G7 notebook that uses the same case as yours.

There is a plastic guard/door that partially covers the ethernet port.

You have to gently push down on that covering and it will swing down and reveal the full size port.

Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Little plastic guard door was the answer.  Simple when you know how.  Thanks for accurate and quick response.

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
126,322 116,503 18,916 28,872
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation