Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

A couple days ago I received a message that stated usb unable to be read. when I click on computer w/ red "x" it tells me there are no connections available. I have wireless in my home and every other laptop, tablet, kindle connects and run. What do I need to do to get my connection back. I have already reset factory settings to no avail.  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, I don't know omni100 but there should be a switch for open/close the wireless of notebook computer.

the switch is at keyboard near Fn key or it is looks like a button locate at edge of the chassis. you can identify the switch as there is a mark like a radio emission.

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. This is the all-in-one desktop. I've been fumbling around but have no idea where the wireless button would be.

HP Recommended
I have the exact problem. It's as if the computer doesn't recognize the wifi card anymore. I can't even see it in the hardware manager?!
HP Recommended

this is interesting. my Omni 100 is experiencing the same exact problem(s).

After upgrading to windows 10 and then the newer win 10, things were working just fine for a few months now. just a few days ago the USB was giving me issue, would not copy data from USB to the desktop, then i got a few blue screens, and now my wifi seems dead. However, device manager shows an active wifi RAlink device, and i am able to upgrade the driver to the Realtek 2015 driver using HP driver install for win 10. but no matter what i do the system will not connect to the wifi, the wifi device seems to be dead although device manager sees it.

is this a known issue?

HP Recommended

i got my omni 100 working again.

1st, download the hardware diagnostics CD from HP site. its a bootable CD, run all the tests it has to offer. the tools did not show a seperate wifi device, only the realtek PCIe, i am not sure if the wifi is built into that piece of hardware. all tests were "ok" for me.

next, i ran kaspersky rescue disc 10. after it boots up it gives you an option to connect to the network, and guess what, the wifi device was there and useable. kaspersky RD10 has to goto interner to update its anti-malware sig database, then run the deepest/fullest scan you can configure, scan all drives/partitions/volumes. my full scan took about 4hrs. it found nothing. but it did prove to me that the wifi device was fine. running RD10 wont work if you have an encrypted disk or using EFS.

the repair stuff on the running win10 just didnt work for me. i was going to run a dism command to use a good install.wim image to repair the running win10, but i didnt, i just used the MS ISO win10 download to re-install, it keeps all your data and apps. get the correct ISO for your system here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

burn the ISO to dvd, boot your system with this dvd, install, when prompted to verify be sure the options to keep all files and all apps are selected (should be by default).

after the install all my issues were fixed. win10 then did a big win10 download for updates.  my omni 100 is back and working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.