Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion e015tx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

my laptop runs win8 os, recently when i had kept it for updating.....it restarted installing updates but failed to download and update wireless button driver" and "Media Tek WLAN Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter"...... since then unable to connect to any wireless networks........plz help me solve the issue..

do i need to install drivers manually?   if so plz let me know....thanku in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @praveen99,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I understand the WiFi is no longer working on your HP Pavilion 15-e015tx. I want to help you resolve this issue.

Please start with a hard reset. After that, perform the steps in this wireless troubleshooting document:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 😎

You can also try rolling back the drivers.

1. Press the Win + R keys

2. Type "devmgmt.msc" and then click "OK"

3. Click on the "view" tab, then "show hidden devices"

4. Scroll down and select the "Network adapters" option

5. Right-click on the RT3290 Wi-Fi adapter, then select "Properties"

6. Pick the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Roll Back Driver"

Thank you, I look forward to the results!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @praveen99,

Welcome back to the HP Forums!

I understand the WiFi is no longer working on your HP Pavilion 15-e015tx. I want to help you resolve this issue.

Please start with a hard reset. After that, perform the steps in this wireless troubleshooting document:

You can also try rolling back the drivers.

1. Press the Win + R keys

2. Type "devmgmt.msc" and then click "OK"

3. Click on the "view" tab, then "show hidden devices"

4. Scroll down and select the "Network adapters" option

5. Right-click on the RT3290 Wi-Fi adapter, then select "Properties"

6. Pick the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Roll Back Driver"

Thank you, I look forward to the results!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
does hard reset erase my all data from hatd disk??
HP Recommended
thanku....wifi is working now
HP Recommended
the moment after clicking on show hidden devices in device management..wifi was connected to the network....but after sometime the same problem persists.....unable to connect to any of the known networks...it shows as "cant connect to this network"...help me out
HP Recommended

Hello @praveen99,

Thank you for the reply!

The hard reset will not erase any data unless it is not saved, be sure to save your work before performing a hard reset.

Once that is done, continue on with the rest of the troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

that didn't worked....even i made factory reset also, still the same problem...later i took it to hp authorised service centre but they said it doesn't have any problem, when they checked there it got connected to there wireless network....but later when  i checked in my residence its same problem...previously i used to connect to 4 networks now its not even connecting to any of those...but connects to mobile hotspot.....i'am fed up of this...actually wats the problem i'am not getting....plz help ...thanx in advance

HP Recommended

Hello @praveen99,

Thank you for getting back to me,

I see you have completed a factory reset, and have taken it to an authorized HP Service Center. I'm not sure what they would have completed, but what were the results of the document I posted initially?

I look forward to your reply!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

as u suggested i performed had reset and did troubleshooting also....but in device manager "roll back driver" option is off.....couldn't do it.....and the current driver version is 5.0.22.0 Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn

HP Recommended

troubleshooting the network adapter it says " Problem with wireless adapter or access point"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.