Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
probook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello,

i have downgraded my probook 6570b to win7-sp1 64 bit, it was made for windows8 but i lost the software and tried win10 but thats hopeless, i still had a brandnew win7-sp1-pro-64bit license and i like win7 so installed that.

i have downloaded the broadcom driver package for the probook sp66402 and all other software and drivers i think the notebook(i have used the wizzard/sofware thing) needs but one device is still having the yellow exlamation mark,"a  bluetooth peripheral device", the bluetooth  is working more or less but it is funky, its clearly not operating 100%, there is some strange behaviour and difficutly in connection to my iphone or my bluetooth jbl speaker.

under hardware it shows;

"bluetooth peripheral device"

Hardware ID;

BTHENUM\{02030302-1d19-415f-86f2-22a2106a0a77}_VID&0001004c_PID&6f0a

BTHENUM\{02030302-1d19-415f-86f2-22a2106a0a77}_LOCALMFG&000f

i googled it and am suspecting that this missing thing is not sometghing like a device driver by broadcom but something like a general windows bluetooth driver thing that i am missing but i could be wrong.

i am missing something but have no clue what to download, the rest like wifi,ieee1394,gigabit is all working fine.

does anyone know what i am missing?

thanks and greets rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to install the Windows Mobile Device Center.  Microsoft no longer offers this for download.

I have the 64 bit file you need on my skydrive folder, which I have shared the link with you below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=ulpd52

You want the file labeled Windows Mobile Device Ctr-x64.zip

Download, unzip and run the file.

After you install the Windows Mobile Device Center, see this link below for what to do next...Solution # 2.

Fixed: Bluetooth Peripheral Device Does Not have a Driver (tencomputer.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to install the Windows Mobile Device Center.  Microsoft no longer offers this for download.

I have the 64 bit file you need on my skydrive folder, which I have shared the link with you below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=ulpd52

You want the file labeled Windows Mobile Device Ctr-x64.zip

Download, unzip and run the file.

After you install the Windows Mobile Device Center, see this link below for what to do next...Solution # 2.

Fixed: Bluetooth Peripheral Device Does Not have a Driver (tencomputer.com)

HP Recommended

thank you Paul!

that did the trick 😉

and now i think about it, at the beginning of this new install before all the 1001 windows updates i believe there was an entry for a windows mobile device in hardware manager?, i am not sure but seem to remember something like that and suspect the wua broke it?

it is btw quite the hell to get win7 up and running now with all support gone, i got it completly up to date but boy that takes some effort, pffff.

anyway thank you for your excellent help and expertise..

greets richard

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It may have been there but I wouldn't know for sure.

As far as I am aware, that software always had to be installed from a link from Microsoft, which they discontinued.

The package was really for Windows Vista, and Microsoft as completely ended support for XP and Vista.

Up to July of 2020, you could install XP and Vista and get all of the updates up to the point where support for the operating systems was ended.

Now you cannot get anything.

Windows Update SHA-1 based endpoints discontinued for older Windows devices (microsoft.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.