Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

It's been a while i bought this laptop, Initially there was no problem but suddenly there was no wifi symbol in my taskbar.

I searched for the solution and it was to download wifi driver online with the help of ethernet-rj45.

I tried to search in hp-official site but there was no driver for windows-7-32bit.

I tried more than 100 drivers from other sites, i also installed numerous driver updater but NO, nothing was helpful because as soon as I installed a new wifi-driver, the next time I turned on the computer the driver would be gone leaving only 3 Network drivers (2 blue-tooth and 1 ethernet)

IDs: 

BTH\MS_BTHPAN [bluetooth]

BTH\MS_RFCOMM [bluetooth]

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_22CF103C&REV_07 [ethernet]

and the WIFI symbol would also be gone leaving me to do nothing but search for the driver again and install it.

When I installed the driver these two (2nd one works fine) would turn up the symbol and let me use wifi:

1. microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter
{5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp

2. Qualcomm atheros qca9565 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

for the 2nd one there was a similar problem asked in this help-desk where the customer found the driver nowhere and he was given a link to install another driver which worked for him but not for me, i guess due to my different laptop...

So, I would be really glad to have my problem solved, I would like my having the wifi symbol 24/7, not having it disappear with its drivers every morning i turn my PC on.

I approached many help desks but none was replied , i guess this one will also not get replied, if it gets please please please please help me ... 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below are the links to the latest W7 32 bit drivers you need for the Qualcomm atheros qca9565 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter:

Wifi:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70859.exe

Bluetooth:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64678.exe

HP Recommended

Respected Paul Tikkanen, thank you so much for your reply.

I downloaded the driver sp70859 (that was what the link gave me)  i installed and my wireless driver got installed and I was successfully let to use wifi.

BUT, as soon as i turned off my pc and turned on later (shut down-power on), the driver installed was gone! There was no wireless network symbol, it just displayed the ethernet symbol red-crossed as usual.

I am weak financially and can't purchase laptop like others in your country do, this PC is my life and past 3 months have been a real trouble for me as I need the PC everyday and it gets broken every single day!

I tried local PC stores and they told its just software problem and not their issue, they told to contact in this particular site and I did so, can you please help me solve this automatically uninstalling issue?

😞 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know how to fix that strange problem.

If you have a way of reinstalling Windows 7, you may want to do that and see if it really is a software issue.

HP Recommended

Does this issue manifest it self even when you just put the computer to sleep ?

HP Recommended

Thanks again,  

Sorry that i replied late.. I was doing what you told. I removed my current OS and installed a new OS (win7professional) .

Initially there were no network drivers (not even Ethernet), i had to plug in an usb to have the driver installed... For drivers i went to official driver identifier from HP store>laptop>choose different OS but there was no 32-bit win 7 OS mentioned...  I guess thats the reason i am not finding the appropriate driver for my wifi driver. 

The quallacum driver was what one of the driver installers that i installed made me download and inatall on its own,  i guess that was not what is the right wifi driver for this pc of mine (cnd425cllp----windows7professional---32-bits)..because the ethernet driver which i downloaded from 64 bit win7 section in hp official driver identifier,  it was not automatically uninstalled by the pc..  Cause i guess it is the right driver for this pc..  Likewise the brightness maintaining drivers installed (display driver)  from same source never got uninstalled and working perfectly fine.. So i guess these all problems are due to my incorrect driver installation which the pc thought right to uninstall rather than let it function after each reboot... 

I am in a huge trouble these days,  please help me by providing a right wifi driver for my pc which won't get automatically deleted later on..  Please!! 

😞 

HP Recommended

i tried letting it to sleep which i have not performed recently..  And it DIDN'T uninstall the driver,  i guess the driver gets uninstalled as soon as i restart the system or just turn off and turn on the system.  

Also not every time it gets uninstalled..  When i turn it on sometimes it won't have the driver uninstalled.. It would be running just fine...  But more than 80% of times, the driver gets uninatalled so i have to install the quallacom wifi driver provided to me in previous reply and the restart it again to have it installled then and finally freeing me from the red cross ethernet sign in right bottom corner....  

Please please help me...  I am desperate for it please....  I guess the right driver for my pc will work as other drivers i installed after reinstalling os just didn't get removed at all...  

Please help!  

😢

HP Recommended

hellow again, 

here is a quick info.. 

When i have to reinstall the quallacum driver you provided me after the boot,  

It shows this perticular message at the middle of the inatallation which when pressed ok goes just fine,  idk what the message means but it goes like this 

" the driver files you wish to remove will not be removed as the corresponding card is not inserted" 

Thats it.  

Hope it helps.. 

Please help me...  

Please...  I need my pc to survive 😢

Please... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.